National Communications and Graphic Design Specialist
Based in Hanoi, Vietnam
ICEM – International Centre for Environmental Management is an award-winning independent technical service centre that assists government, private sector and communities to define and implement policies for ecologically sustainable development. Established in Australia 1999, ICEM has its regional headquarters in Hanoi and is staffed by full-time international and national technical and administrative personnel.
ICEM works in Asia and the Pacific - especially in the Mekong countries and focuses on climate change, water resources management, disaster risk management, energy efficiency and renewables, environmental assessment, environmental economics, and biodiversity conservation. ICEM seeks to integrate environmental concerns with development through spatial planning, modelling, socio-economic analysis and environmental assessment tools.
ICEM is now seeking to employ a Communications Specialist based in Hanoi, Vietnam on a two-year renewable contract to creatively contribute to ICEM’s evolving communications programme (national position).
Reporting to the ICEM Communications Manager, the position includes the following key tasks:
- Graphic design support including report layout, creation of cover pages, posters, training materials and figures;
- Draft engaging posts for ICEM’s social media channels;
- Keep the ICEM website updated e.g. with new projects and staff as well as creating news items and other multimedia material;
- Maintaining and updating the ICEM resource library;
- Contribute to development of communications strategy including monitoring analytics and keeping track of appropriate dissemination platforms.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field;
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in communications and graphic design;
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into visual format;
- Competence with Wordpress CMS or similar system,
- Competence with Adobe Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Competence with MS Office Suite;
- Experience in using social media platforms;
- Good writing skills;
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to take initiative;
- Exposure to and interest in the fields of climate change and ecologically sustainable development.
Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential for this role.
To apply, send a covering email, updated CV with contact details of two references and 3 samples of previous graphic design work to Ms Nguyen Thu Phuong at firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about ICEM, visit www.icem.com.au.
This position is open to Vietnamese nationals only.
Applications close on 3 September 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross