|Reference number||TOR-VNM-2022-012 (Please refer to this number in the application letter)|
|Title||National consultant on Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW)|
|Purpose||To provide technical support for a dialogue between the government and other relevant stakeholders on the implementation of CEDAW in Viet Nam (for the period 2015-2019)|
|Duty Station||Home-based and meeting in Hanoi, Viet Nam|
|Contract duration||From 1 June 2022 to 10 July 2022 (max 12 working days)|
|Contract Supervision||Programme Specialist|
|Application deadline||10 May 2022|
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the empowerment of Women (UN Women), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
The objective of the consultancy is to strengthen the partnership between the government and other stakeholders to advance gender equality and the implementation of CEDAW in Viet Nam.
III. SCOPE AND SPECIFIC TASKS
Under the supervision of the UN Women Programme Specialist, the national consultant will work closely with the focal point from the Ministry of Labour-Invalids and Social Affairs and the gender expert from CSO that coordinated the development of CEDAW report to:
- Prepare the dialogue agenda with the identification of experts from the line ministries that will engage in the discussion on CEDAW in different thematic areas
- Propose the participant list in consultation with UN Women and CSO network that draft the CSO’s CEDAW report
- Support MOLISA in preparing note/briefing for experts to discuss with CSO on the implementation of the CEDAW
- Prepare the outline and support invited experts to prepare for their participation at the dialogue.
- Provide technical support at the event to MOLISA and CSO network and UN Women to organize the event
- Prepare the workshop report with recommendations to MOLISA to strengthen the partnership with CSO and other relevant stakeholders for the implementation of CEDAW in Viet Nam and the follow-up actions to disseminate the CEDAW reports with the aim to strengthen the CEDAW implementation in Viet Nam.
IV. DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT AND DUTY STATION
Duration of Assignment: The tentative contractual period is from 1 June 2022 to 30 July 2022 (max 12 working days)
Duty Station: Home-based and meetings in Ha Noi.
V. DELIVERABLES AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT
|No.||Deliverables (in Vietnamese)||Proposed deadline||Schedule of payment|
||30 July 2022||100% of payment|
The applicant will be evaluated based on technical capacities (70%) and financial proposal (30%). Technical evaluation will be based on the following criteria stated as below.
|1||Master’s degree on Sociology, Social Development, Public Policy and Planning, Environment or other relevant field.||10 points|
|2||A minimum of 7 years working experience on CEDAW||25 points|
|3||Having a good understanding on gender equality and legal framework on gender equality in Viet Nam||25 points|
|4||Having experience in providing technical support for the organization of policy events related to gender in Viet Nam.||20 points|
|5||Having experience in working with UN will be advantage||10 points|
|6||Good writing skills||10 points|
Core Values and Competencies
In addition to aforementioned requirements and qualifications, it is important that the intern shares the core values and core competencies of the organization.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
VIII. APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Candidates are requested to send the following documents in separated attachment in one application email to email@example.com
- Application letter explaining your interest in the consultancy and why you are the most suited candidate for this position
- Updated CV, including professional reference
- Personal History Form (P11). The P11 Form can be downloaded from the following website: http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- Financial proposal specifying the total lump sum amount (breakdown of the daily professional fee in local currency and proposed number of working days). The candidate does not to include the travelling cost as UN Women will follow the EU-UN cost norms.
Deadline for Application: 10 May 2022
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT