Job no: 536809
Position type: Consultancy
Location: Viet Nam
Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
Department/Office: Hanoi, Vietnam
Categories: Social and Economic Policy, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care.
As a dynamic and modern city located in the central region, Da Nang is referred to as “the most livable city” of Viet Nam. With roughly one million residents, Da Nang is a vibrant industrial, commercial, financial, education, technological and tourist hub. Da Nang’s Gross Regional Domestic Product (GRDP) growth remained over 7% between 2016 and 2018, higher than the national average.
With the strong leadership and commitment from the city leaders, and support from UNICEF, Da Nang is on the path to become Viet Nam’s second Child Friendly City, along with Ho Chi Minh City. To date, key interventions in Da Nang from 2019-2020 included the development of situation analysis of children and adolescents, and new City Programme of Action on Children linked to SEDP 2021-2025 and the promotion of child participation through consultations with children and young people.
Despite its progress, Da Nang faces multiple challenges in creating a healthy city for children, adolescents and young people. Situation analysis of children and adolescents in Da Nang has pointed out key emerging issues of children and adolescents including child poverty, migration, malnutrition, inadequate services for child protection and for children with disabilities, social-emotional skills, participation and environmental pollution. Although Da Nang stands out as a city committed to accountable and transparent governance, this has not yet translated into opportunities for meaningful and inclusive child and youth participation, especially marginalized and vulnerable girls and boys. There are limited opportunities for children and adolescents to contribute their views, ideas and solutions to the city’s problems, nor to provide citizen feedback on the quality of public services provided to them. It is important to create innovative and systematic platforms to promote meaningful participation of adolescents and young people in planning and development of city’s programmes and policies affecting their lives.
With the financial support of Fondation Botnar, UNICEF will provide support to help Da Nang to become one of the leading ‘Healthy Cities for Adolescents’ (HCA) in Viet Nam through the engagement with key stakeholders, including adolescents and children and the creative use of technology in addressing city’s problems under the overall framework of Child Friendly City Initiative. The project primarily targets adolescents aged 10 to 18 but will also include and engage those aged 19 to 24 as social leaders and role models to support the focus age group. The project comprises of two phases namely, co-creation (Phase 1, October-December 2020) and implementation (Phase 2, January 2021-April 2022). Phase 1 will be completed by end of December 2020 with the key expected output of a detailed project implementation plan for phase 2. Few results were achieved under Phase 1 including a mapping exercise of current adolescents and youth initiatives in Da Nang, a consultation meeting with adolescents and young people on the impacts of COVID-19 and solutions, a youth-led video reflecting on their experience during COVID-19, participation of youth representative to global webinar on World Cities Day and establishment of partnership with Youth Union and youth-led organizations in Da Nang. Objectives of phase 2 will be focusing on addressing the health and well-being of adolescents on various aspects, such as nutrition, mental health, sexual and reproductive health, along with related social determinants of health – including protection and safety, discrimination and climate action.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose and objective:
The purpose of the consultancy is to provide support to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of project activities under Phase 2, particularly to enhance UNICEF Viet Nam’s engagement with local partners in Da Nang, especially adolescents and young people.
Home based in Da Nang.
Scope, methodology and technical approach:
This assignment is expected to be conducted mostly in Da Nang. The consultant will work mostly from home and play role as coordinator for the implementation of project activities, networking with and updating mapping of potential partner organizations based in Da Nang, reporting and documentation of good practices. The consultant will attend relevant meetings, workshops and events with stakeholders related to project activities in Da Nang to ensure sound and timely implementation of the activities that meets the objectives and standards set in the proposal. The consultant is required for working full-time over the period of 16 months in Da Nang City. A workplan with monthly deliverables will be developed upon onboarding of the incumbent.
– Provide support to local government counterparts, NGO partners, adolescents and young people in Da Nang in the project planning, operation and delivery of results, especially through active sharing of information, good practices and capacity building.
– Network with various organizations based in Da Nang including youth-led, innovation and digital technology/communication organizations in maximizing the outcome of project activities.
– Coordinate with UNICEF related programme sections, ADAP and CFCI taskforces in conducting related project activities including field missions and donor visits.
– Be responsible for monthly reporting the implementation progress of project activities during Phase 2 and prepare inputs for donor reporting as required.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Full TOR as attached TOR for Da Nang based consultant Jan 2021.docx
The assignment will be undertaken under the supervision of Social Policy Officer, Social Policy and Governance Section, UNICEF Viet Nam. Additional guidance and technical inputs will be provided by other UNICEF programme sections, Adolescent Development and Participation (ADAP) and Child Friendly Cities Initiative (CFCI) taskforces. As this assignment is full-time, the consultant is not allowed to work on any contract/assignment commissioned by other agency.
Performance indicators for evaluation:
- Quality of deliverables meet the standards set by UNICEF and specifications outlined in the contract.
- Deliverables are submitted in a timely manner as indicated in the contract.
- Technical assistance delivered in a contextualized and tactful manner, drawing on the inputs from the partners.
- Performance evaluation will be completed at the end of the assignment.
Payment Terms: Payment for the assignment will be made based on a monthly progress report against the HCA workplan for 2021-2022.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in social science, international affairs, or communication. Masters preferred but not essential;
- 5-7-years working experience in project management with UN agencies, international or local NGOs, global organizations focusing on adolescents and young people or youth-oriented organizations.
- Proven experience working directly with youth and/or facilitating participatory processes.
- Have a good understanding of Da Nang’s socio-economic and partnership context.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience in working with adolescents and young people in urban setting.
- Good digital technology skills and bring evidence of success in working with social media, applying technology and digital initiatives for enhancing the participation of adolescent and young people.
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute innovative ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse stakeholders including youth or adolescent led organizations, government representatives, private sector and academics.
- Professional command of English and Vietnamese.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to the assigned requisition in UNICEF Vacancies: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
- Letter of interest and confirmation of availability;
- Technical proposal which clearly explains the outline on how to deliver the tasks and deliverables (preferably less than 3 pages);
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available);
- Financial proposal: All-inclusive lump-sum cost including consultancy fee, travel and accommodation cost for this assignment as per work assignment.
- CV/P11 form (UN Personal History Form) P 11 form.doc
For evaluation and selection method, the Cumulative Analysis Method (weight combined score method) shall be used for this recruitment:
a) Technical Qualification (max. 100 points) weight 70 %
- Qualifications and Experience (20 points)
- Knowledge and Skills (35 points)
- Competencies (35 points)
- Languages (10 points)
b) Financial Proposal (max. 100 points) weight 30 %
The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest Financial Proposal that is opened /evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum 70 points score in the technical evaluation. Other Financial Proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
The Contract shall be awarded to candidate obtaining the highest combined technical and financial scores, subject to the satisfactory result of the verification interview if needed.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: Dec 10 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Application close: Dec 21 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Application link: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/536809Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children