NATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR PROJECT MID-TERM REVIEW
Parent Sector: Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Hanoi
Job Family: Education
Type of contract: Non-Staff
Duration of contract: From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 03-JAN-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Since 2019 UNESCO has been implementing a project on Promoting Gender Equality and Girls’ Education in the Ethnic Minorities Areas of Viet Nam (called “We are ABLE” project), with support from and in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs (CEMA) and provincial authorities, with funding from the UNESCO Malala Fund for Girls’ Right to Education.
Objective of the project:
The project aims to improve access and retention of ethnic minority children, especially girls in lower secondary schools, and to improve the employment opportunities among ethnic minority women and girls.
Beneficiaries of the project:
The project targets approximately 16,000 persons – namely ethnic minority secondary school students, teachers, principals and education officials, parents and community members in the three selected provinces. Over 9,000 of these individuals are female; including 6,000 girls aged 11-14 from 24 lower secondary schools.
The project targets three provinces of Ha Giang, Ninh Thuan and Soc Trang.
The key partners include the Department of Teachers and Educational Administrators (DTEA), MOET, and the Ethnic Minority Policy Support (EMPS) Project management board, CEMA at the central level and their provincial and district offices that contribute to the project design, plan, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
Mid-term review: According to the project document and workplan, UNESCO will conduct a mid-term review that will include a formative assessment of activities, progress and achievements. The mid-term review will be structured and supplemented using relevant project documents, such as the project document, progress reports, and deliverables. Results of the project review will be consolidated, analysed and included in the mid-term review report. The purpose of the mid-term review is to conduct a quick assessment of the project in close collaboration with project stakeholders. This will include the collection of information and analysis of data to assess the progress and change towards achieving the goal and objectives of the project. Mid-term review findings will provide information and recommendations that can be used by UNESCO and project implementing partners as guidance for making required changes and adjustments that would improve the effectiveness of upcoming project implementation.
- Work assignments
Under the overall authority of the Head of UNESCO Ha Noi Office and under the technical supervision of the Education Programme Specialist, the Consultant will undertake the mid-term review with the following objectives, using mixed methods:
– Determine the effectiveness of project activites and trainings in increasing the awareness and capacity of implementing partners and targeted groups; and
– Provide recommendations to address any gaps or deficiencies in the project implementations.
Geographical coverage: The mid-term review will focus on the assessment of project activities in three project provinces.
Stakeholder coverage: The mid-term review will reach out to two key implementing partners (i.e. MOET and CEMA), three Provincial Departments of Education and Training, and selected project schools.
- Key deliverables and estimated working days
No. 1: Inception report, including a work plan, methodology and timeline; and Data collection plan and tools (Estimated working days: 10 days)
No. 2: Data collection through online and in the field; Analysis of data collected and writing its results; and Draft mid-term review report, including recommendations (Estimated working days: 22 days)
No. 3: Final mid-term review report, including recommendations; and Photos collected during the mid-term review (Estimated working days: 3 days)
Total: 35 working days
(Note: The deliverables will be produced in both Vietnamese and English.)
- Duration of the assignments
The Consultant is expected to work intermittently during the period from January to March 2021.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
Building partnerships (M)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
UNESCO is looking for a Vietnamese national consultant for this assignment.
– Advanced University Degree (Master or equivalent) in political science, social science, public administration, development studies, education, gender equality or other relevant field
– At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience;
– Previous experience with evaluation/review of projects and programmes desired;
– Previous UN/UNESCO experience desired;
– Knowledge of the development context of Viet Nam;
– Excellent written and spoken English
– Excellent written and spoken Vietnamese
– Technical competence in undertaking evaluations/reviews which involve use of mixed methods, such as surveys, record reviews, focus groups and case studies;
– Good understanding and skills of data collection and analysis;
– Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
– Excellent writing skills to conceptualize ideas and issues during the mid-term review and reporting process;
– Capacity to communicate, collaborate and positively engage with a range of partners and beneficiaries, including national/local authorities as well as key stakeholders;
– Demonstrated personal sensitivity and commitment to the values and principles of equity, gender equality and cultural diversity; and
– Excellent computing skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and related programmes.
Fee: USD6,720 (estimated to be equivalent to 35 working days). Please note that UNESCO will bear the cost of travel to a project province.
Proposal: Interested candidates are requested to submit a proposal with a proposed approach/ methodology and timeline (based on 35 working days) (A4, maximum 2 pages), assuming that the consultancy will start on Monday, 18 January 2021 and end by 31 March 2021 at the latest. If you have difficulty in attaching the proposal to an on-line application, please submit your proposal via e-mail to email@example.com
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
DEADLINE: 03th Jan 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children