Led by the Vietnamese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) in collaboration with Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), UNDP serving as the GCF Accredited Entity for an Adaptation project “Improving the resilience of vulnerable coastal communities to climate change related impacts in Viet Nam” that was approved by the GCF in June 2017. As outlined in the Paradigm Shift Objectives and Impacts section of the project proposal, the project is designed “to contribute to increased climate-resilient sustainable development though employing an integrated approach to ensure more climate resilient homes, strengthen natural defenses through the regeneration of mangroves and improve planning through the integration of climate risk information. The project aims to rebuild 4000 houses and to regenerate 4000 hectares of mangroves. It also aims to increase the quality and accessibility of climate risk related information and therefore increase its utility in decision making. Key results for the project include:
- Increased resilience of infrastructure and the built environment to climate change (Indicator: Number and value of physical assets made more resilient to climate change variability and change considering human benefits)
- Improved management of land or forest areas contributing to emissions reductions (Indicator: Hectares of land or forests under improved and effective management that contributes to CO2 emission reductions)
- Increased generation and use of climate information in decision making (Indicator: Use of climate information products/ services in decision making in climate sensitive sectors)
The project helps to establish and enhance the application of disaster and climate risk information systems to support the decision making and planning, taking into account climate change risks and resilience. To achieve such objective, the GCF project is focusing on specific activities as follows:
- Updating disaster data and developing a disaster risk data repository, based on open and universal sharing of information, focusing on developing community-based disaster risk and climate risk management and assessment plan (CBDRM/CBDRA) adopting CBDRM/A procedures for 520 communes in 07 project provinces.
- Policy support to staff of specialized ministries/planning staff at central level and provincial level so that they can use disaster damage and loss data in the disaster resilient planning; and
- Developing disaster risk financing and risk transfer solutions, including insurance covering small and large-scale disasters impacting coastal communities .
To support above mentioned activities in the project, UNDP Viet Nam would like to mobilize an experienced National Consultant (Consultant) to work with the Vietnam Disaster Management Authority – VNDMA, UNDP and other partners and provide technical support for the improvement of disaster and climate risk information system of VnDMA and supporting activities focusing on disaster risk financing and risk transfer solutions such as disaster insurance.
Procurement Notice with enclosed TOR and evaluation criteria are in the below link
Interested offerors are invited to submit Letter of Interest and Availability, CVs, sample reports, financial proposal and other information following guidance in the Procurement Notice to:
Procurement Unit UNDP Viet Nam 304 Kim Ma, Ha Noi, Viet Nam Tel: (+84 24) 38500100 Direct: (+84 24) 38501831 Email: email@example.com
with notification by email (without attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org that the bidder has submitted proposal.
UNDP will not be responsible for the missing of proposal if the bidder does not send notification email to above address.
Deadline for submission: on or before 20 June 2021
We look forward to receiving your proposal by the above deadline.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam