Job Title: The National Consultant to perform a stakeholder mapping exercise and conduct qualitative interviews with key stakeholders to investigate the operation and function of agencies and organizations leading road safety efforts in Viet Nam.
The number of road traffic deaths on the word’s roads remains unacceptably high with 1.35 million deaths each year. Road traffic injury is the 8th leading cause of death of all ages and the leading cause of death for children and young adults 5-29 years of age. The Western Pacific Region accounts for 25% of the total world population, 25% of the total registered number of vehicles, and 24% of global road traffic deaths (nearly 320 000 deaths). It has the fourth highest road traffic fatality rate among WHO regions, with a rate of 16.9 road traffic deaths per 100 000 population.
Progress is being made but is far from uniform in many countries. Strengthening governance and coordination between agencies and organizations working to reduce road traffic injury as an important strategy to ensure effective use of available resources and expertise, providing the greatest opportunity for effective intervention. The World Health Organization is leading a global research project to investigate the operation and function of agencies and organizations leading road safety efforts in selected countries, understanding how these organizations work and deliver on their functions in practice.
2. Planned timelines
Start date: 28 February 2021 End date: 15 April 2021 (Total about 50 working days)
3. Work to be performed
Supported by WHO staff at the global, regional and country level, the successful candidate will independently conduct 2 research activities to investigate the operation and function of lead road safety organizations in Viet Nam over a period of 1 month.
Output 1: Map relevant road safety agencies and organizations in Viet Nam, identifying those with lead roles.
- Deliverable 1: A report detailing the institutional and organizational landscape for road safety in Viet Nam, including a stakeholder map and identification of lead agencies and organizations.
Output 2: Conduct interviews with relevant road safety stakeholders from identified agencies and organizations. The successful candidate will be expected to identify relevant stakeholders in each agency/organization, coordinate a time and date for an interview (either by phone or in person), record the interview and draft transcripts from the recording. Transcripts in both English and Vietnamese will be required. Guiding questions for the interview will be provided.
- Deliverable 2: An online folder containing a) list of all interview participants, their position/role and date/time of the interview, b) signed consent forms from participants, c) audio recordings of all interviews and d) transcripts of all interviews, both in Vietnamese and English.
Output 3: Conduct initial data analysis to produce a report on key role and functions of key stake holders for road safety in Viet Nam.
- Deliverable 3: A report summering key content of all the interviews of key stakeholders for road safety in Viet Nam is submitted to WHO.
4. Specific requirements
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or related field. Additional education is an asset.
- At least three years of research experience, favourably in the areas of road safety or injury prevention.
- Demonstrated experience in applying both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Knowledge of ethical research principles and guidelines.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the demonstrated ability to work effectively with government officials and national organizations.
- Technical expertise in road safety is an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with the goals and procedures of international organizations (UN system, donors, nongovernmental organizations).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent spoken and written Vietnamese and English.
Functional skills and knowledge
- Ability to coordinate, plan and implement projects.
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality work on time.
- IT proficiency in MS Word and voice recording software.
6. Place of assignment
The consultant will undertake the work in their own workplace. Regular communication with WHO focal persons (by face to face VC/TC or similar) is expected.
7. Medical clearance
The selected Consultant will not be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The Consultant will be required to travel only within Hanoi area as part of these duties. Travelling cost is included in the consultancy fee.
9. Conditions for short-term consultancy
Please note that the results of Contractor's contribution may be used for official publication. Therefore, it is essential that any data and information that s/he obtain has the necessary release authorization for publication. Materials including the data and information obtained for this work are only limited for this specific assignment and shall not be used for other purpose or further circulation without prior permission from the WHO Western Pacific Regional Office. Any publication resulting from this assignment is to acknowledge the support of WHO WPRO. Authority for finalization of the final product for use in official publication will reside with WHO WPRO.
All rights in the work, including ownership of the original work and copyright thereof, shall be vested in WHO, which reserves the right (1) to revise the work, (b) to use the work in a different way from what originally envisaged, or (3) not to publish or use the work.
Please take note of the following when submitting application: The contractor will be responsible for paying taxes, if any.
Those who are interested can contact our focal person with contact detail at the end of the announcement before/by 18 February 2021.
Administrative Officer World Health Organization UN Building, 304 Kim Ma Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam
For further information on this TOR, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD