Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Vietnam
A NATIONAL CONSULTANT
To provide technical support to SHI implementation in Ho Chi Minh City
The global LHSS project helps low- and middle-income countries transition to sustainable, self-funded health finance systems that support high-performing overall health systems. The LHSS activity in Vietnam will work with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to advance greater local ownership of HIV and TB prevention and control. Led by Abt Associates, the four-year activity will support Vietnam in increasing its domestic financing for HIV and TB services in the context of declining donor funding, in using government resources more efficiently, and in assuming local ownership of HIV and TB prevention and control activities. Specific objectives are: (1) Support the GVN to strengthen its public financial management systems for public sector health and find greater efficiencies in social health insurance (SHI), (2) Increase and improve efficiency of domestic financing of HIV prevention and treatment services; (3) Strengthen the capacity of Vietnam’s supply chain management system; and (4) Integrate TB services into SHI. As per LHSS Vietnam objectives on strengthening domestic financing for and quality of HIV treatment services transitioned to SHI, LHSS Vietnam will mobilize a senior expert to assist cities/provinces of high burden of HIV such as Ho Chi Minh city to support provincial health management agencies to ensure smooth implementation of SHI examination and treatment for HIV.
To provide technical support and advices to Ho Chi Minh city Center for Disease Control (HCDC) to guide the implementation of SHI examination and treatment for HIV.
The consultant will work closely with HCDC, Department of Health (DOH), Provincial Social Securities (PSS) and LHSS.
- Provide expert advice, technical guidance and propose solutions to HCDC:
- To support health facilities to solve problems and issues on SHI claim management to ensure proper claiming for successful reimbursement from SHI fund.
- To manage and forecast SHI fund at health facilities to ensure HCMC PSS is aware of surplus and/or deficit and prepared for those changes so that service provision will not be affected.
- To guide health facilities on the provision and liquidation of subsidies for ARV copayment for HIV patients from different sources.
- To guide health facilities on the application of SHI referral regulations to ensure SHI reimbursement for referred patients.
- Facilitate technical discussions between HCMC department of health, HCDC and PSS to address SHI implementation issues if needed.
- To engage the participation of PSS in LHSS technical activities and USAID related programs in HCMC if required.
- An advanced degree medicine, health, economics or relevant disciplines.
- 10 – 12 years of relevant work experience in social health insurance, especially on SHI reimbursement.
- Strong understanding and knowledge on SHI policies in general and for HIV/AIDS in particular
- Good knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS care and treatment program in Vietnam and its current context, especially at decentralized level.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with provincial agencies including health and social security sectors and health facilities.
Duration: The assignment is planned for the period from October 2020 through August 2021.
Note: This position is based in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
To apply, please send your application documents to the following email: email@example.com
Deadline: 13 October 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
LHSS Vietnam implemented by Abt Associates Inc.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
12/11/2020Oxfam in Vietnam
05/11/2020The Vietnam Red Cross
Trung Tâm Nghiên Cứu, Tư Vấn Sáng Tạo Và Phát Triển Bền Vững (CCS) Tuyển Dụng Cán Bộ Chương TrìnhCCS
06/11/2020Save Vietnam's Wildlife
20/11/2020The Woolcock Institute Of Medical Research In Vietnam
30/11/2020Làng Trẻ Em SOS
06/11/2020United Nations Human Settlements Programme
01/01/1970Blue Dragon Children's Foundation (BDCF)
15/11/2020World Health Organization (WHO)
20/11/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution
26/11/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
03/11/2020International Center (IC-VVAF)