The adoption of the revised Labour Code in November 2019 was a milestone for Viet Nam in improving its legal framework towards better alignment with the ILO’s fundamental principles and rights at work. The code is expected to substantially improve Viet Nam’s employment and industrial relations and thereby facilitate greater participation in the country’s economic growth. The new Labour Code will take effect from 1 January 2021.
To make the code operational and meaningful, it is crucial to help workers and employers understand their new rights and responsibilities. Toward that end, the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MoLISA), the Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), the Viet Nam General Confederation of Labour (VGCL) as well as the ILO in Viet Nam have been developing various awareness raising materials on the key changes of the 2019 Labour Code. However, workers and employers still need an information hub where they can find all the documents related to the Labour Code.
Against this context, the ILO supports MoLISA to develop a web-based portal on the 2019 Labour Code to serve as a one-stop-shop for information seekers. This web portal should be made available to the public before the new Labour Code takes effect.
The web portal is expected to include all relevant legal documents related to the 2019 Labour Code, awareness raising materials, 10 topical threads with frequently asked questions and detail answers, and quizzes.
The portal’s target audiences include workers and employers. It will be also useful for the general public and other audiences who are interested in learning about the new Labour Code.
The ILO’s support for this task is mainly through the New Industrial Relations Framework technical cooperation project (NIRF), funded by the US Department of Labor. One of the key objectives of the NIRF/ USDOL project is that “National labour laws and legal instruments are revised to be compatible with the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work (FPRW) in full consideration of the socio-economic conditions of Viet Nam”.
To develop the Labour Code web portal, MoLISA sees the need to have a web editor to support the technical team. Therefore, the ILO is looking for a qualified national consultant to collaborate closely with ILO and MoLISA to do this job.
WORK TO BE UNDERTAKEN
The external collaborator will:
- Propose and finalize the content structure of the web portal after close consultation with MoLISA, ILO and in collaboration with the web developer;
- Review and map existing communications materials on the 2019 Labour Code and propose where to upload them;
- Write titles and subtitles of those communications materials for the web portal;
- Coordinate and edit all of the contents to be uploaded on the web portal, using MoLISA’s house style for the web. These contents include web introduction for the legal documents, contents of the topical threads, and quizzes among others.
- Propose and devise quizzes concerning aspects of the Labour Code in consultation with MoLISA and ILO
Consultant’s delivery of the following facilitates timely presentation of a user-friendy, informative Labour Code web portal that is suitable for workers and employers:
- Map / design of web portal structure and contents that meets with MOLISA and ILO approval.
- Edits of articles for inclusion on web portal that are appropriate to convey Labour Code information to workers and employers.
- Quizzes concerning aspects of the Labour Code.
The consultant will work 30 days between 28 September 2020 and 30 January 2021. However, because the web portal must be operational before 1 January 2021, the website structure and most of the content will be complete not later than 18 December 2020. The period between 18 December and 30 January is only for updating legal documents which will come out later.
- Half page (150 words) briefly highlighting experience relevant to the TOR
- Confirmation of availability during the contract period, understanding that the most intensive efforts will be in October, November and early December 2020.
- Proposed daily consultancy fee.
- List of 3 recent references pertinent to this consultancy.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS