TERMS OF REFERENCE
National consultant(s) hire for conducting a baseline and integrated pre-KAP research
PO reference: CSO-LA/2019/411-849
Time frame: April-May 2020
Project title: Youth address gender stereotypes and promote gender equality.
The Consultative Institute for Socio Economics Development for Rural and Mountainous Areas (CISDOMA) was established in 2000, is a Vietnamese non-governmental organization. CISDOMA is working in partnership with local people; organizations and government bodies to help poor people in Vietnam meet their basic needs as well as expand their opportunities to reach their full potential.
Oxfam is a confederation of 19 organizations working together in more than 90 countries. We are part of a global movement for change, empowering people to create a future that is secure, just, and free from poverty. Oxfam in Vietnam is working to seek transformative changes in policies, practices and beliefs in ways that will fundamentally improve the lives of poor and marginalized women and men, and ensure that all citizens have the same opportunity to enjoy their rights.
The project “Youth address gender stereotypes and promote gender equality” is funded by the European Union and implemented by Oxfam in Vietnam and CISDOMA, aiming at promoting gender equality in Vietnam by increasing youth engagement and participation in addressing gender stereotypes. This Project has been implemented in three cities of Vietnam including Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2024 with the following expected outcomes of the Project:
Overall Objective of the Project: To promote gender equality in Vietnam by increasing youth engagement and participation in addressing gender stereotypes.
Outcome 1: Youth become gender equality change makers in the community.
Output 1.1. Knowledge and practices on challenging and changing gender stereotypes are effectively introduced to students through extracurricular programs in universities.
Output 1.2: Youth groups receive technical and financial supports to lead initiatives on promoting gender sensitive practices among women and men.
Outcome 2: Media and businesses have transformed practices to gender sensitive communications and advertisements.
Output 2.1: Media and enterprises have enhanced knowledge, capacity and encouragement to mainstream gender sensitivity in media products and advertisements
Output 2.2: Media and enterprises actively challenge gender stereotypes through media reports and business advertisements
Outcome 3: Men and women in Hanoi, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City have acquired gender sensitive behaviours.
Output 3.1: A public campaign on challenging and changing gender stereotypes is completed with active participation of youth, media, social enterprises and social activists.
The target groups of this Project comprise 1,000 youth in 5 universities; 20 community- and universitybased youth groups in 3 cities; marketing managers and Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of 50 enterprises; 100 journalists; and 3 million people in 3 cities. CISDOMA plans to conduct a baseline research among:
- University students and lecturers.
- Marketing departments of enterprises.
- Creative/advertising agencies.
- Journalists; and
- Men and women (aged between 18-60) in Ha Noi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City.
Objectives of the research
- To understand the current knowledge, behavior and attitude of target groups relating to gender norms and how gender norms are present in their professional practices and daily life.
- To understand the motivations and barriers to change among these target groups in terms of shifting gender norms.
- To provide other insights and identify opportunities for expected changes to happen among these groups
- To recommend three most popular gender stereotypes among these target groups and possible approach(es) for influencing.
Methodology and scope of survey
- Methodology: qualitative and quantitative through questionnaires, in-depth interviews or group discussions.
- Target group of the research:
- 5 universities in Ha Noi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City (total 300 students and 30 lecturers)
- 20 community based groups (in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City
- 10 marketing or advertising enterprises (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City)
- 20 journalists in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- 300 community members in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City (aged from 18 to 60)
- Ensure that 50% of participants/respondents in the research are female.
Scope of consultant’s work: The consultant will be in collaboration with CISDOMA staff and Oxfam in Vietnam to:
- Review relevant documents related to this research, including the project document, list of indicators and samples of relevant survey conducted by CISDOMA and Oxfam before for background information of this mission. Documents will be provided by CISDOMA and Oxfam after contract signed.
- Discuss with CISDOMA and Oxfam to identify the sample of research and design the study method, tools and detail plan.
- Prepare a detailed research plan including technical design and preparation such as: materials on field data collection, data entry, data cleaning and analysis, as well as reporting and presentation of the final report to CISDOMA.
- Provide training for field data collectors if mobilizing local collectors from CISDOMA’s partners
and quality control during data collection.
- Analyze statistically the baseline data collected from researched cities. The analysis will generate holistic statistics information by target groups following performance indicators. Statistics will be divided by gender and referable some criteria such as: geographic, type of gender stereotypes etc.
- Write a narrative report (not more than 40 pages with appendixes) that follows the agreed
- Activities: Develop baseline questionnaires, methods, sample cluster selection & translate and set-up data storage system
Timeline: 4th week of April & 1st week of May, 2020
- Activities: Provide training to data collectors and conduct baseline
Timeline: 2nd and 4rd week of May 2020
- Activities: Analysis & research report draft
Timeline: 1st week and 2nd week of June 2020
- Activities: Finalize the report
Timeline: 3rd week of June 2020
Expected deliverables from the consultant
- Proposal with questionnaires, methods, sample cluster survey principle, timeframe and budget.
- Data storage system in excel or SPSS or any other analysis tools available and applicable.
- Training on data collection for data collectors (if any).
- Data analysis.
- Final report in English
Ethical and Child protection statements
Ensuring appropriate, safe, non-discriminatory participation, ensuring process of free and un-coerced consent and withdrawal; ensuring confidentiality and anonymity of participants. The consultant must comply with CISDOMA’s child protection policy. A copy of Child protection policy will be sent to the consultant(s) for reading and acknowledgement of compliance to the policy.
The survey will be carried out by a consultant or group of consultants. CISDOMA will be responsible for the overall management of this consultancy. Designated staff from CISDOMA will be in charge of reviewing the drafts and provide consultants with assistance if required. Consultants will closely work with the designated CISDOMA staff for the agreed plan, but the time frame should be as stated.
Requirements for the consultant:
- Post graduate degree in social sciences and statistics; Communications experience is preferred.
- Have excellent experience/knowledge in conducting both quantitative/qualitative researches/surveys, referable in KAP study.
- Demonstrated supervisory and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to analyze and report research findings in a related field.
- Previous documented research experience in the areas of gender equality, communication and media, marketing and advertisement preferred.
- Good command of English (written and oral).
- Good knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and SPSS software.
- Good data analysis, report writing in Vietnamese and English, and presentation skills.
- Experience in working in cities where the baseline survey will be conducted.
- Ability to meet required date of report’s submission.
Submission of Proposal
Interested consultant(s) should send proposal with the following information:
- Outline of the study approach, methodology, sample size selection and work plan to undertake the assignments, profile of consultant(s) and sample of similar works done in the similar areas
- Detailed quotation for the study, in human, day and cost
Please send the proposal to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org date to apply for this consultancy service: 17:00, 23th of April 2020. The short-listed consultant(s) will be contacted for interviews. Please no telephone contact after submitting the research proposals.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/12/2020The European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
31/01/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
18/12/2020Save the Children International
08/12/2020Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
08/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông Vì sự phát triển bền vững
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
06/12/2020Viet Nature Conservation Centre
01/12/2020Investing in Women
30/11/2020Medical Committee Netherlands - Vietnam (MCNV)