*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision (WVV) started working in Vietnam with emergency relief assistance in 1988 and opened an office in Hanoi in 1990. Since then, WV has implemented many relief and development programmes, partnering with Vietnamese government and other non-governmental organizations and communities.
WV Vietnam (WVV) works for the well-being of children, especially most vulnerable children and their protection. Every year, about 2.5 million children and adults benefit from WV Vietnam’s programmes, which are in 18 provinces and cities throughout Vietnam.
To achieve the strategic goal towards a sustained well-being of children, especially the most vulnerable children within this current context of Vietnam, WVV pursues four strategic objectives:
- Reduce malnutrition for children under-5 through integrated approaches.
- Protect children from all forms of abuse, exploitation and injury.
- Strengthen household livelihoods to sustain Child Well Being (CWB).
To ensure that all the organization’s activities systematically contribute to the achievement of the above three strategic objectives, WV Vietnam ensures that their work reflects three fundamental elements of being Christian, Child focused and Community empowerment; and their efforts move towards “tackling root causes of poverty,” “empowerment,” “multiple ministries emphasis,” and funding driven by “ministry priorities.”
The National Director will lead the strategy and implementation of World Vision’s work in Vietnam, with the purpose of achieving sustained improvements in child well-being. To accomplish this, the National Director will build strong relationships with external partners, while developing deep leadership capacity within the organisation. The National Director will adhere to all relevant policies and standards, including program performance and financial accountability. Critically, the National Director will embody the values of World Vision, while contributing to the mission and vision of World Vision International.
1. Leadership Development
- Build a strong executive team, providing strategic guidance and building management capacity, synergy and depth of leadership within WV Vietnam through regular and ad hoc meetings (group and one-on-one).
- Facilitate the development of effective teams at Area Program (AP), and national office levels, providing an environment where different teams can share experiences and best practices in a way that enhances the quality of work of WV in Vietnam.
- Review and approve WV Vietnam succession plan; ensure that proper capacity is in place and succession plan is updated and executed.
World Vision Relationships:
- Ensure that productive and effective relationships are maintained with the WVI Regional Office, Partnership Office, and Support Office entities.
Staff Capacity and Performance:
- Champion the professional and personal development of all staff to ensure that WV Vision and Mission are implemented and ensuring local leadership emerges.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a leadership development plan that ensures the active recruitment and capacity building of qualified candidates with executive management potential.
- Appropriately develop national governance through active engagement with the Advisory Board and nurturing working relationships that will enhance their growth and development to become a recognized Advisory Board by Vision Fund International, (when appropriate given the context).
- Ensure oversight and effectiveness of Micro Finance Programme in Vietnam, by serving as the Chairman of the Advisory Board, recruiting new members, ensuring board development, convening regular meetings, coordinating with the Regional Microfinance Director, and promoting programme integration.
2. Spiritual Leadership
Demonstrating Christ-centred life and work:
- Model a high Standard of personal Christian leadership, maturity and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff on the Vision, Mission and Core Values of WV.
- Ensure that national leadership is capable of maintaining WVI’s identity and calling while respecting the laws and context and is able to appropriately and sensitively support WVI’s commitments.
Ensure spiritual formation for staff recognizing the restricted context:
- Ensure that the office has a high quality Faith & Development strategy and operational plan that is appropriate for country context.
- Participate and lead regular devotional meetings.
Understanding World Vision’s Mission and Operations:
- Uphold, promote, follow and apply the WV Core Values, Mission Statement and Covenant of Partnership in all aspects of WV’s ministry.
- Contribute resources to the WV Partnership, including where relevant: ideas, input and learning from WV Vietnam’s ministry and organizational learning and practice, development of national staff to enhance the international policies, practices, activities and programs of the WV Partnership.
3. Strategy and Performance Management
Operating Plan and Long and Short-Term Targets:
- Ensure that WVV’s national strategy and business plan are aligned with Regional and Partnership strategic priorities (Our Promise), and the technical programs are in compliance to the partnership standards.
- Ensure that each of the main departments has measurable ways for contributing to the accomplishment of the national strategy. Monitor progress against indicators.
- Implement the national strategy, annual business plan, and budgets to ensure that they are in accordance with WV Core Values, Mission Statement and relevant WV policies and protocol.
- Develop and maintain an effective resource development strategy which includes grants, sponsorship, and private funding. And ensuring these funds are effectively managed.
- Ensure that WV Vietnam functions in a complementary, cohesive manner where the principles of interdependence and twin citizenship guide the contribution made to the Partnership and the use of resources drawn from the Partnership.
Individual Performance Management:
- Ensure that there are appropriate accountability and performance management standards to encourage individual growth and increased team effectiveness.
- Lead the senior management team in a way that facilitate a high performance culture, open trustworthy relationships and integrity. Promote a culture of learning and development, employee engagement and good stewardship of human capital in the office.
- Ensure implementation and compliance to Regional and Partnership Performance Management Standards and Principles, while seeking to implement Performance Management guidelines on reasonable level. Champion the leadership team in the proper implementation of Performance Evaluations on regular basis for the whole organization.
- Support initiatives for staff care and well-being, both for international and local staff.
Achieving quality results and service:
- Direct, manage and develop staff including: hiring, orientation, training and evaluation to ensure ministry impacts of the highest, cost effective quality, accountability and integrity.
- Develop and maintain capacity to respond promptly to all Category I and II emergency relief responses.
- Donor Experience and Resource Acquisition: Provide leadership, strategic direction and support to the team for developing and implementing excellent donor experience and acquisition of ministry funds. Identify new opportunities and forge alliances that lead to optimization of all resources.
- Advocate and establish open communication and cooperation with marketing and other internal entities to achieve satisfaction and successful outcomes in the development, implementation, and execution of plans.
- Exercise discernment and judgment in capturing trends, donor behavior, and feedback, ensuring that necessary tracking systems are in place to provide qualitative and quantitative information to Marketing and executive management leadership.
4. Building Collaborative Relationships
- Represent WV to government, ensuring WV’s continued registration, good standing adherence to the laws and policies of Vietnam and renewal and fulfilment of joint protocols and agreements. Ensure that these are in line with WV’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- As custodian of WV’s ministry and presence in Vietnam, and as the delegated legal representative of WVI in Vietnam, maintain responsibility for WV’s resources, assets and the best interests of WV in Vietnam.
- Develop effective working relationships with international NGOs, local NGOs, UN Agencies, donors, and churches. Actively participate in relevant forums and working groups.
- Serve as a spokesperson for WV with local and international media.
- Ensure a productive and effective relationship is maintained with the Regional Leader, the Senior Director Operations and Regional Directors.
- Make and maintain relationships with partners to facilitate funding for WV Vietnam, and involvement of corporations and foundations. Comfortably interact with major donors in social and recreational situations.
- Technical / Sectoral oversight.
- Ensure the highest technical standards in strategic focal areas to achieve ministry objectives in health and nutrition , child protection, sustainable livelihoods humanitarian emergency affairs and most vulnerable children.
- Ensure the effectiveness of Operations, Program Quality Support & Resource Development, People and Culture, Finance, IT, Supply Chain Management, Administration, External Relations and Advocacy, Security/ERM, Strategy development and Public Engagement .
- Ensure implementation of audit recommendations.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of information architecture that supports the clear and effective communication of information and sharing of strategic ideas.
Practising gender and cultural diversity:
- Ensure gender and ethnic diversity at all levels according to relevant policies and guidelines.
Practising innovation and change:
- Adapt easily to frequent change, to varied working conditions and requirements, and to diverse individuals and groups. Respond to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn or figure out new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives. View situations from different perspectives and challenge fundamental assumptions about accepted ways of doing things. Understand the potential of short- or long-term benefits resulting from change.
- Visit projects frequently to encourage, advise, build relationships, evaluate and inspect WV funded projects.
- Ensure that staff security, child protection, risk managements and stress and trauma management protocols and procedures are developed and monitored.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least 10 years of experience leading humanitarian assistance and development programs.
- Experience leading large organizations in dynamic operating environments.
- Exemplary ability to develop effective working relationships in the Vietnam context.
- Highest standards of written and verbal communication.
- Ability to represent WV with a variety of stakeholders – from community members to senior government officials.
- Expertise in raising funds across a variety of donors, including governments, foundations, corporations, and other private donors.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in international development related field.
- Fluent financial management skills.
- Knowledge and/or previous experience working in a restricted environment.
- English fluency, Vietnamese preferred.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25 % of the time.
- Physically fit to work and travel in Vietnam where basic infrastructure (roads and electricity) is lacking in many places and road safety is a high concern.
- Vietnam is one of the most disaster prone countires in the world.
Intested candidates please apply HERE no later than 3rd of January, 2021.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
27/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
24/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
13/02/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
25/01/2021Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
01/01/1970Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
03/02/2021European Representative Office (ERO)
31/01/2021Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC)
18/01/2021Humanity and Inclusion