- Organisation Name: FAO
- Location: Hanoi
- Application Deadline: Fri, 2024-02-16
Organizational SettingThe Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2022 - 2025 has four priority areas: (1) One Health (OH); (2) Climate change response, environment and natural resources management; (3) Food safety, sustainable production and consumption, and equitable livelihoods for all; and (4) Governance, Gender and PWDs. The incumbent’s tasks will mainly contribute to the first priority area.
Reporting LinesThe incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Viet Nam, the overall supervision of the Senior Technical Coordinator of Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD), the direct supervision of the National Operations Coordinator, and in close coordination with FAO ECTAD team including national consultant(s) and government partners.
Technical FocusFinance and Administration, to contribute to the successful implementation of the FAO ECTAD projects in the country by undertaking the following tasks and duties:
Tasks and responsibilities1. Support project operations, including but not limited to:
- Prepare individual work-plan with clear timeline and deliverables - consistent with Project Components, Outputs & Outcomes;
- Assist in the day-to-day operational tasks to support implementation of the ECTAD Viet Nam programme;
- Assist with preparation of official letters, training requests, procurement requests from government partner(s) to FAO;
- Provide logistic arrangements for organizing trainings, workshops;
- Translate relevant documents as required;
- Develop budget in accordance with agreed project workplan;
- Prepare financial overall plan and facilitate approvals by relevant government department
- Collect and collate invoices and supporting documents related to monitoring and evaluation of government partner’s implemented activities;
- Arrange relevant payments for government partner(s) and its subordinates in implementing Letter of Agreements (LoA)
- Assist with preparation of financial reports of LoA, trainings and workshops;
- Follow the distribution and collect information on inventory of equipment provided to government partner(s) and its subordinates;
- Assist with monitoring Official Development Assistance (ODA) for the project activities;
- Support the ODA certification for the distribution of equipment, VAT exemption procedures according to prevailing rules and regulations by the Government of Viet Nam;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international relations, finance, management, accounting, social sciences, or related discipline.
- At least five years of relevant experience in project operation, office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance;
- Working knowledge of English;
- National of Vietnam
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience working in government departments, UN agencies/INGOs/ international organizations/NGOs or in an international context is an asset;
- Ability to take ownership and accountability for assigned processes and to work autonomously.
- Rigor and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Excellent writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and documentation standards.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / Human Resources systems
- Thorough knowledge of organizational structure, administrative procedures, and policies, and matters of protocol
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have queries, please contact:https://fao.service-now.com/csp
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.