VACANCY NOTICE Open to Internal and External Candidates (Vietnamese national only)
- Position Title: National General Resources Management and External Relations Officer
- Duty Station: HCMC, Vietnam
- Classification: National Officer, NO‐B
- Type of Appointment: One‐ year fixed term with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 5PM, 19 September 2023
- Reference Code: VN2023/HN/025 (E)
Organizational context and scope:
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter‐governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non‐governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Head of Resources Management Officer (HRMU) and, in collaboration with relevant units, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the daily management and external relations functions in Ho Chi Minh Sub‐Office
Responsibilities and accountabilities:External relations
- Maintain and develop close institutional and working relationships in Ho Chi Minh City and southern Viet Nam with governmental authorities and Consulates to support efficient, effective and sustainable operation of IOM’s sub‐office in HCMC.
- Maintain close relationship with the DER to ensure efficient, effective and sustainable management of the IOM Sub‐Office facilities.
- Assist the HRMU by providing technical advice and support in order to support the proper resources management and effective implementation of IOM Ho Chi Minh City and IOM southern‐based HAP and CVAC activities.
- Support HRMU to manage the HR functions and processes and make recommendations on recruitment, retention, promotion, and separation of local staff and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
- Provide regular updates, working plans and reports to the CoM regarding the relationships with stakeholders, staffing and other issues of relevance, related to the IOM Sub‐Office and activities in southern Viet Nam.
- Supervise and coordinate the procurement and logistic services, ensuring that contracts with suppliers of goods and services are in line with the Organization’s procedures, regulations and guidelines; oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and maintenance of buildings as well as the functioning of support services in HCM sub‐ office.
- Support and offer guidance to other Units (programmes and Sub‐Offices) on matters related to IOM administrative issues, local institutions and regulations and HR problems with a view to increasing their effectiveness.
- With guidance and instructions from the HRMU negotiate on Agreements and Amendments, including all contractual terms that IOM has with the Implementing Partners (IPs) and/or other entities.
- Act as the designated UN Area Security Coordinator for IOM and all UN agencies and affiliates in southern Viet Nam. Ensure that IOM staff, premises, vehicles, operations and activities are fully MOSS and MORSS compliant.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required qualifications and experienceEducation:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, International Relations, Business Administration, or related field with four years of relevant professional experience; or,
- Master’s degree in above or related field with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working for an inter‐governmental organization or non‐governmental organization.
- Experience in project/programme management and implementation as well as office management (including staff management).
- Experience and knowledge of IOM’s administrative and financial management; Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- E‐mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients‐oriented, patient and willingness to learn
- new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations,
- non‐government or government institutions/organization in a multi‐
- cultural setting is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required. Other relevant languages are an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competenciesValues
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day‐to‐day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service‐oriented and timely manner; is action‐oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at https://vietnam.iom.int/vi
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non‐returnable and only short‐listed candidates will be contacted.Posting period: From 05.09.2023 to 19.09.2023
For further information
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) • Mission in Viet Nam
- Main Office: 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi, Viet Nam • Tel: (84.24) 3850.0100
- Fax: 3726 5520
- E‐mail: email@example.com
- Internet: http://www.iom.int.vi
- Health Assessment Programme: 10th Floor Hanoi Keangnam Landmark Tower, Pham Hung Rd, Nam Tu Liem, Hanoi • Tel: (84.24) 3736 6258
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children