As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam
Climate change is increasingly impacting on people’s lives and disrupting the national economy of Vietnam. To enable climate resilient economic development, it is essential that Vietnam strengthens its ability to understand, plan for and continuously manage climate risks for their key economic processes. Quantitative modelling can make a major contribution to actionable, evidence-based policy-making for enhancing economic resilience. However, capacities for the assessment of country-specific climate change impacts on economic development via quantitative modelling are currently insufficient. Policy-makers in the Ministry of Planning and Investment and experts in the Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM) need reliable economic forecasts for anticipated climate impacts and adaptation options to decide upon effective directive economic-policy and fiscal-policy instruments that lead to resilient economic development by improving adaptation capacities and reducing the vulnerability of the economy and population.
The Policy Advice for Climate Resilient Economic Development (CRED) programme will assist besides Vietnam the pilot countries Georgia and Kazakhstan in developing climate-sensitive development plans and economic development strategies. Setting this framework for climate-resilient economic development will mitigate the economic and social risks due to climate change. This will also contribute to accomplish national adaptation goals in national climate strategies and adaptation plans (NAPs) and Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), while maintaining sectoral competitiveness.
The CRED programme supports Vietnam in developing climate-sensitive development plans and economic development strategies, by:
- Developing methods and tools for modelling the economic impacts of climate change;
- Supporting the lead executing agency and implementing partner to become independent users of macro-economic models (capacity building through training and coaching);
- Supporting the lead executing agency and relevant stakeholder in integrating the results in policy-making processes and adaptation planning.
The CRED programme in Vietnam is looking for a local qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Duty station: Hanoi
Duration: 5th March 2020 – 5th September 2020 (6 months)
a. Assistance in implementation of programme activities
- assist with research activities on matters related to NDCs, NAP and climate policies, including cost and benefit analysis of adaptation measures and assessment of impacts of climate change in Viet Nam;
- assist with data searching and data analysis;
- support PR activities of the programmes, e.g., the elaboration of internal and external communication materials;
- assist programme officers in translating documents (Vietnamese/English/German)
- support the preparation and organisation of workshops, training courses and other events
- participate in internal and external meetings/workshops and assist in documenting these events
b. Knowledge management
- share previous and acquired knowledge and information with programme responsible person
c. Other duties/additional tasks:
- perform other duties and tasks if requested.
Apart from a monthly allowance, successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training and development.
- Vietnamese nationality;
- As student of the last study year at a university or has recently completed bachelor/master study;
- Excellent oral and written translation and communication skills in English and Vietnamese;
- Good knowledge in climate/environmental policy. Familiarity of processes to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and NDCs is an asset;
- Good knowledge at MS Office, organizational skills;
- Experience with literature review and data analysis;
- Ability to work independently and with team;
- Good attitude and high principal;
- Willing to learn and contribute to the work;
- The internship requires university enrolment or the finalization of your degree no longer than six months ago upon commencement of the internship.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the application in English, including copies of relevant certificates and references to the email address: email@example.com
before 25th February 2020
Note: Please state “Application for an internship (CRED)
” in the subject line or on the envelope.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 1 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất