As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational
training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam
As known, aquaculture is one of the key economic sectors in the strategic economic development of Vietnam, the Mekong Delta of Vietnam is a region rich in aquatic resources with high potential for aquaculture development. Aquaculture in the Mekong Delta is often practiced with key species such as pangasius in the freshwater area and shrimp in brackish areas or in combination with other agricultural activities such as animal husbandry and rice cultivation. It is crucial to improve living standards among impoverished farmers. However, the aquaculture production is facing with existential threats, including unsustainable production practices, ecological imbalances, mangrove forests along the coast are in dramatic declining, rising sea levels and saltwater intrusion, and climate change. The aquaculture industry has risen 500% in value in the past ten years. The industry is now beginning to move from quantity to quality.
GIZ Viet Nam is supporting the Government of Viet Nam in introducing new farming practices and environmentally friendly aquaculture models to improve product quality and increased the income of farmers. A reform of institutional settings in the aquaculture sector already improved market linkages, creating successful Public-Private Partnership (PPP) models. To strengthen the cooperation with the private sector, GIZ is seeking an intern to support the aquaculture activities with the following conditions:
National Intern, Aquaculture
Duty station: Can Tho Office, Can Tho city
Duration: starting ASAP for 6 months
1. Main tasks:
2. Requirement of qualifications
- Provide general technical support for the aquaculture activity implementation (data collection, technical report, operation plan)
- Support the impact orientated monitoring of aquaculture projects;
- Support preparation and implementation of aquaculture activities in (farming models workshops, trainings, field trips);
- Assisting in preparation of materials, such as flyers, factsheets and presentations
- Support translation of related documents
- Others if required
3. Time & Place
- Currently final year or less than 6 months completed postgraduate/bachelor studies in aquaculture, environmental science, agriculture, biology, economics, or other related fields;
- Computer literacy and ability to use efficiently the basic Microsoft Office software (World, Excel, Power Point) and communications tools (internet, email)
- English (fluent) and Vietnamese (mother tongue)
- High self-motivation, soft skills for interpersonal communication and an ability to work independently
- Open minded and keen to learn and work in a dynamic and intercultural environment
- Strong interest in networking and international development cooperation
The Intern will work in Can Tho Office 8 hours/day from Monday – Friday. The internship will last for maximum of 6 months.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the application package in English, including 1) Cover Letter (1 page max); 2) Curriculum Vitae (CV); and 3) copies of relevant certificates and references, to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
by 17:30 on 25 August 2020.
Please state “Application for an internship in Can Tho” in the subject line or on the envelope.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 1 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE