As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
With the objective to support the Vietnamese authorities on their path to sustainable development, Vietnam’s components of the regional project “Reuse, Reduce, Recycle to Protect the Marine Environment and Coral Reefs” (3RProMar) (2020-2024) and the global project “Enhancing Climate Services for Infrastructure Investments” (CSI) (2017 - 2022) are being implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and funded by the governments of Viet Nam and Germany, with case studies in the Mekong Delta.
3RProMar aims to enable conditions for reducing land-based plastic waste discharge into the sea, with pilot projects in 4 selected ASEAN countries, supporting the implementation of the “ASEAN Framework of Action on Marine Debris” and the BMZ 10-point Action Plan for Marine Protection and Sustainable Fisheries.
Meanwhile CSI focuses on supporting decision-makers to increasingly use CS and consider climate risk in the planning of infrastructure investments. In order to support the infrastructure project owners to make climate-risk-informed decisions, since 2017, a case study of climate risk assessment was conducted for the project of Cai Lon - Cai Be Sluice Gates System in Mekong Delta, based on PIEVC Protocol (Public Infrastructure and Engineering Vulnerability Committee), owned by Canada institutions. This is a step-by-step methodology of risk assessment and optional engineering analysis for evaluating the impact of changing climate on infrastructure. This is an important foundation for future perspectives in climate-proofing infrastructure investment plans. The comprehensive approach, tools and practical experience of climate risk assessment, once supplemented by cost-benefit analysis, have the potential to give basic advice on investment costs and design of infrastructure, with regard to different climate change scenarios in Vietnam. In the current phase, CSI focus on measures to institutionalize the climate risk assessment approach as well as outreach activities to facilitate the extensive use of climate services for planning process of various sectors.
In the upcoming time of the 3RProMar project and the CSI project, GIZ is seeking an internship position to support the project in the Hanoi Project Office with the following conditions:
National Intern Duty station: 14 Thuy Khue, Hanoi Duration: 6 months
The Technical Intern will learn & practice by assisting the project staff in different tasks including:
For Project Implementation
- Provide general administrative and technical assistance for the project office
- Support the impact orientated monitoring of the 3RProMar project and the CSI project
- Support on completion and dissemination of knowledge products, technical guidelines, reports, publications as well as other results of the projects.
- Support translation of the project documents
- Others if required
- Assist in the preparation of PR materials, such as flyers, factsheets
- Assist in the preparation of letters, and PR materials (EN, VN)
- Support the project team in the planning and preparation of events, workshops and field trips
- Others if required
- Currently undertaking or recently completed postgraduate/bachelor studies in climate change, environment, infrastructure investment, waste management, environmental protection, sustainable development, economics, or other related fields
- Strong interest in climate risk assessment for infrastructure investment and planning, plastic waste management;
- Computer literacy and ability to use efficiently the basic Microsoft Office© software (World, Excel, PowerPoint) and communications tools (internet, email)
- Good knowledge of English and Vietnamese, written and spoken
- High self-motivation, soft skills for interpersonal communication and an ability to work independently
- Open mind and keening to learn and work in a dynamic and intercultural environment
- Strong interest in networking and international development cooperation
Apart from a monthly internship allowance, the successful candidate will enjoy good learning environment and professional and dynamic working conditions.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the application in English, including latest curriculum vitae, cover letter, copies of relevant certificates and references, to Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Ngoc at email address email@example.com not later than 25th November 2022.
The internship is expected to start from December 2022 and last for 6 months. The intern is expected to work for the Project Office 8 hours per day, from Monday to Friday.
Note: Please state “Application for an internship (CSI & 3RProMar)” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 1 week after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTUREKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact