As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
With its long coastline and rich natural resources, Viet Nam’s climate and topography offers a solid potential for renewable energy (RE) development. At the current stage however, only a few projects have been realized. The government aims to increase the share of RE in power generation to 9.9% and 21% by 2020 and 2030, respectively (National Power Development Plan VII revised, 2016). In order to achieve these targets, Viet Nam has to overcome following barriers to sustainable private sector investments into both renewable energy and energy efficiency: i) low electricity price; ii) limited access to financing; iii) low capacities for commercial project development; iv) the lack of reliable data; v) the complex administration structure and legal framework. To overcome these obstacles, GIZ, via the Technical Cooperation Energy Support Programme, supports the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) with various action areas for different technologies such as wind, solar, bioenergy and energy efficiency.
The internship will support two projects which are currently implemented in the programme, including the “Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency” (4E project) and Smart Grids for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (SGREEE). The two projects support activities in the areas of: legal and regulatory framework, such as the development of a support mechanism for RE and or EE; capacity development and training for the public (e.g. ministries, utilities, regulatory, educational and training institutions) and private sectors (e.g. project developers, investors, banks); the elaboration of concepts for technology cooperation between Vietnamese and German corporations, training institutions and research & development institutions.
The project is looking for a local qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Duty station: Hanoi
Duration: 22nd June 2020 till 21st December 2020 (6 months)
The Intern will work with Admin and Finance Team of the Energy Support Program on all admin and finance tasks including:
- Support to prepare logistics and documents for events in the office and at site;
- Support for filing including soft and hard copies;
- Support to deliver to / collect important documents from the country office such as contracts, vouchers, correspondences etc…;
- Support to prepare logistics and protocol for internal meetings of admin team and technical team (when required);
- Provide translation services when needed (between English and Vietnamese);
- Others administrative tasks.
- Vietnamese nationality
- Currently undertaking postgraduate/bachelor studies in, economics, or a comparable course of study or has recently completed your studies. A Master’s Degree is an asset.
- Experiences in an intercultural and multi-lingual context gained by way of internships and/or academic exchanges. Experiences in foreign countries are an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese. German is an asset.
- Strong MS Office, organisational and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated to learn and to contribute to a young and dynamic team of international and national staff with the aim to develop the power sector in Viet Nam, and willing to take on responsibility, work independently and efficiently and travel to project sites for work if necessary
- The internship requires university enrolment or the finalization of your degree no longer than six months ago upon commencement of the internship.
Apart from a monthly allowance, successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st May 2020.
The internship is expected to start from 22nd June 2020, lasting for 6 months until 21st December 2020.
Note: Please state “Application for the Internship – ESP Admin” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
19/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP