Station: Can Tho, Viet Nam
Duration: 6 months, starting from July 2023.
About GIZAs a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. Gender equality is one of the key values of our company and of the work we do. Fostering gender equality in our project operation and our internal equal opportunity provisions are two strategic pillars of our corporate identity and policy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
About GIC programWithin the agriculture team of GIZ’s green cluster (comprising all projects from priority area 2), projects with a focus on Vietnam as well as a number of regional initiatives on regional trade integration are bundled. The agriculture team is distributed over three locations in Vietnam: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and Can Tho. The German Cooperation has been supporting Viet Nam to restructure its agriculture sector to ensure sustainable rural development, particularly in the Mekong Delta. In continuation of this support, the Viet Nam country package of the global program “Green Innovation Centre in the Agriculture and Food Sector” in Viet Nam (GIC), has been commissioned to support the transition to higher resource efficiency and value creation in Mekong Delta farming systems. A central element of the project is to increase the ability of smallholder farmers and upstream/downstream companies to adopt climate-smart and sustainable innovations that increase incomes, employment, and the quality of produce while reducing their environmental footprint. Through the promotion of innovations and novel business models along the agro-food value chains rice and mango, GIC contributes to farmer’s stable and competitive production, increased incomes through higher product quality and compliance with standards. Businesses up- and downstream of agricultural production improve farmer’s access to diverse services, and stable access to markets.
Main activitiesThe Intern will learn and practice to perform the specific tasks by supporting the project team in following activities:
- Support to conduct data entry of the project, including but not limited to project’s partners and beneficiaries participating in events such as training, workshop, study tours, etc.
- Support the use and frequent updates of monitoring tools.
- Assist in data analysis, data visualization and reporting.
- Accompany field visits for monitoring the project implementation and for collecting data.
- Other tasks assigned by the projects.
- Vietnamese citizen, who is currently undertaking or completed the bachelor/ postgraduate studies within the last six months (upon commencement of the internship).
- University degree in agriculture and rural development, agricultural economics, environmental economics or equivalent.
- Good English command.
- Proficiency in using Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and compliance with data security policy.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Willing to travel.
Apart from a monthly internship allowance, the successful candidate will enjoy good learning environment and professional and dynamic working conditions.
Interested candidates are invited to send the latest curriculum vitae, cover letter and copies of relevant certificates and references by email to <email@example.com> not later than 15th June 2023.
Note: Please state “Application for the Internship – GIC” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please visit our page at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/109163.html for more internship and job opportunities.
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)