As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas:
- 1) Vocational training;
- 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use;
- 3) Energy.
GIZ is given commission by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) to implement Support for the Nitric Acid Climate Action Group (NACAG). The NACAG Initiative aims to assure global abatement of N2O emissions from nitric acid production by post 2024. Its vision is to promote the installation and permanent operation of appropriate abatement technologies in all nitric acid production plants worldwide. The initiative provides all governments and plant operators with guidance and information on technological and regulatory issues regarding N2O abatement.
Nitrous oxide (N2O) is a highly potent greenhouse gas, with a global warming potential 265-298 times that of carbon dioxide (CO2). One major source of N2O emissions is the manufacture of nitric acid, which is mainly used for producing nitrogen-based fertilizer. Although effective abatement technologies are available at comparably low cost, N2O from the production of nitric acid continues to be emitted into the atmosphere in most countries in the world, as there is usually no economic or business incentive to reduce the emissions for plant operators. By its nature, the N2O emission can be regulated either under pollution control issues or greenhouse gas (GHG) emission issue.
The NACAG Initiative provides technical supports to the Ministry of Industrial and Trade (MOIT) and provides financial supports to MICCO/MICCO Thai Binh to apply N2O reduction technology and to measure (MRV) N2O emission reduction. In Vietnam, GIZ implements the initiative under the umbrella of the Climate Policy Section (CPS) and the GIZ project “Support to Vietnam for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement” (VN-SIPA), which supports the Government of Viet Nam in establishing the framework conditions to implement the NDC and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
Within the framework of the process supporting Vietnam applying abatement technology, carrying out due diligence and signing a Statement of Understanding (SOU), GIZ is looking for a local qualified Intern for an internship opportunity
National Intern “NACAG Initiative”
- Duty station: Hanoi
- Duration: 3-6 months starting from December 2022
Under the guidance of Senior Project Officer, the National Intern will learn & practice in different activities:
- Assist the project team in data and document collection, desk research, reports, and contact with key stakeholders to support the due diligence process, SOU consultation process and development of Prodoc;
- Provide ad hoc support to document/data review/checking and verification;
- Provide assistance to internal national and global meetings and discussions (e.g., agenda, protocol preparation, equipment setup, minute meeting notes, drafting invitations if requested);
- Provide written translation services (between English and Vietnamese) as required;
- Support to the preparation of workshops, trainings, field visit, and other events (if any);
- Support design for presentation and communication materials (such as leaflet, standee);
- Support other project activities as required;
- Support coordination and activities of Private Sector Cooperation Working Group;
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Vietnamese nationality;
- Available to work in Hanoi for a full-time position in 3 or 6-months duration;
- Currently undertaking or has recently completed postgraduate/bachelor studies in chemical management, chemical technology, environmental technology, climate change or related field;
- Interest in the climate change mitigation and technology transfer;
- Previous experience working constructively in a team setting (be it a member of a working team or intern position) is an asset;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese; certificate of IELTS or TOEFL will be preference for evaluation;
- Strong IT skill: MS Office at the minimum; Skill on searching information/data in internet will be considerable;
- Highly motivated to learn and to contribute to a young and dynamic team of international and national staff with the aim to sustainable development and climate change mitigation in Viet Nam;
- Willing to take on responsibility; Ability to work flexibly; Patient and calm in communication with partners/counterparts; Able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks;
- The internship requires university enrolment or the finalization of your degree no longer than six months ago upon commencement of the internship.
Apart from a monthly allowance, successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the following documents in English to email@example.com by/before 30th November 2022:
- Cover/Application letter explaining your motivation and qualification (max 400 words),
- Latest curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant certificates (university and IELTS/or TOEFL)
The internship is expected to start from December 2022 and lasts for 3 months, with potential for extension maximum 6 months in total.
Note: Please state “Application for the Internship – NACAG Initiative” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTUREKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Senior Communication Officer
15/02/2023World Share Corporation Korea
10/02/2023Save Vietnam\'s Wildlife
06/02/2023Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation (ASSIST)