Job Posting: 14/Dec/2020
Closure Date: 29/Dec/2020, 5:59:00 AM
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Primary Location: Viet Nam-Hanoi
Duration: 14 working days in 2 months
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2017‑2021 has four priority areas: (1) Increased food security with focus on alleviation of hunger, malnutrition and food safety concerns; (2) Sustainable development of the agriculture sectors, contributing to the national Green Growth and other strategies on improved natural resources management and environment protection; (3) New Rural Development and Sustainable Poverty Reduction; and (4) Enhancing resilience of communities to disasters and threats. The incumbent’s tasks will largely fall under the second priority area.
- Overall supervision: FAO Representative a.i. in Viet Nam
- Direct supervision: Assistant FAOR (Programme) and FAO Programme Officer
Under the overall supervision of the FAOR a.i. and daily supervision of the Assistant to FAOR (Programme), the Technical Supervision of FAO Programme Officer, the National Consultant will provide video production services to capture FAO project supports to:
(1) vulnerable households affected by COVID-19 in Ca Mau province and
(2) vulnerable households affected by flood and storm in the Central region of Vietnam
Tasks and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the national consultant (NC) will be as follows:
Raw footage of human centered story of vulnerable households affected by COVID-19 in Ca Mau province under the project “Scaling up Forecast based Finance/Early Warning Early Action (FbF/EWEA) and Shock Responsive Social Protection (SRSP) with innovative use of climate risk information for disaster resilience in ASEAN”.
- Discuss and collaborate with communication specialists from other countries (Philippines, Cambodia and Myanmar) to ensure that the style and technical specifications are the same and avoid any problems further down the line;
- Following the script and shooting style provided by FAO, the NC undertakes the video shooting in Ca Mau province to:
- showcase the benefits of cash transfers as a way to mitigate impacts of COVID19 through voices of beneficiaries,
- convey in an easy to understand, human-focused appealing messages on the innovative approach of the project including but not limited to: (i) existing SRSP systems can facilitate the early response supporting vulnerable households against the detrimental impacts; and (ii) as part of the process, strengthening capacities of the existing social protection systems and programmes to scale up and act early is critical.
- The NC should ensure that the raw footage is appropriate for FAO’s final production;
Production of finished video on beneficiaries of cash transfer programme for improvement of food security and livestock restocking in Central provinces of Vietnam:
- Prepare the storyboard for five (5) minutes covering the Emergency Project activities in Quang Binh and Quang Tr;
- Select, in consultation with FAO, shooting sites, inviting key actors and audience, preparation of field activities and relevant materials for filming;
- Film short interview with government officials, Belgium Ambassador, FAO officer and beneficiaries. Gather related elements to the video to fill out the human interest story of changes made to families supported with FAO’s cash transfer programe;
- Self-equip all necessary professional filming equipment;
- Translate the interviews not conducted in English;
- Edit and produce the video in three formats – (1) full length 4-5 minutes; (2) short version length 90 second; and (3) IG/FB teaser 15 second;
- Submit draft of the video for comments from FAO before finalization;
- final 4 minute film must also be sent to HQ in international sound version (no subtitles, no voice over, no music – just the natural sound and the interview bites audible)
- send all native footage to HQ on an external drive complete with detailed shotlists
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in film making and photography or any related fields;
- National of Vietnam or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
- At least3 years of combined experience in the film making and photography industry
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the UN system.
- High Proficiency in English and Vietnamese – spoken and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and,
- Good computer literacy.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/02/2021USAID LinkSME Project
03/02/2021Center for Rural Economy Development