National Operations Assistant (ECTAD)
Job Posting: 15/Jul/2021
Closure Date: 10/Aug/2021, 4:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FAVIE
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Viet Nam-Hanoi
Duration: 13 September 2021 – 15 April 2022 (a temporary position to cover maternity leave)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2017 2021 has four priority areas: (1) Increased food security with focus on alleviation of hunger, malnutrition and food safety concerns; (2) Sustainable development of the agriculture sectors, contributing to the national Green Growth and other strategies on improved natural resources management and environment protection; (3) New Rural Development and Sustainable Poverty Reduction; and (4) Enhanced resilience of communities to disasters and threats. The incumbent’s tasks will mainly contribute to the fourth priority area.
The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Viet Nam, the overall supervision of the International Senior Technical Coordinator of Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD) and direct supervision of the National Operations Coordinator and in close coordination with FAO ECTAD team and government partners.
Finance and Administration
Tasks and responsibilities:
1. Assist ECTAD operation and administration team in: - Preparing Letter of Agreements (LOA) and contracts according to FAO, United Nations (UN), government and donor requirements and procedures and monitoring their implementation; - Reviewing the LOA’s financial report and proceeding payment; - Conducting procurement process for project goods, supplies, services; monitoring the supplier delivery; and proceeding payment; - Preparing a cost estimation for events (training, field mission, etc.); providing logistics support to the events; and making payments. 2. Draft and translate documents for internal and external communication 3. Undertake field missions and participate in events in support of field operations; 4. Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in a field related to business or public administration; • At least five years of relevant experience in project operation, office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance; • Woking knowledge of English with excellent writing skills; • National of Vietnam
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus • Teamwork • Communication • Building Effective Relationships • Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• See the Minimum Requirements mentioned above; • Experience in working for development projects/international organizations/NGOs is an asset; • Knowledge of GRMS and other UN admin programs is desirable. • Excellent computer skills: knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and email/internet software.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
APPLY HERE FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENTCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation