- Job Title : National Program Assistant (1 post)
- Work base : HelpAge International Office in Hanoi, Vietnam (HAIV), Around 35% travel to the field
- Contract timeframe : From Dec 2023 to Nov 2025, 2-month probation (full salary)
- Starting date : 1 Dec 2023
- Responsible to : National Project Officer (NPO) and Finance & Admin Manager/Officer (FAM/FAO)
- Relations with others : Close working relations with all members in the HAIV team, partner organisations, projects and local partners
- Salary scale : 500 USD per month (full-time, gross) (Equivalent: 11.8 million VND per month)
- Benefit : Provident Fund (10% of base salary) and Social, Health and Unemployment Insurances
- Condition : This position is opened for Vietnamese nationals only
- Application closing date : 19 November 2023
BackgroundHelpAge International is global network of organisations working towards a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. The HelpAge global network is made up of 158 members in 86 countries working to support older people and promote their rights, with programmes managed by hubs in London, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information about the work of HelpAge International, please visit our website at: http://www.helpage.org; http://www.helpagevietnam.org. The world HelpAge wants to see is one where everyone, whatever their age, can say:
- I enjoy the well-being
- I am treated with dignity
- My voice is heard
Key ResponsibilitiesProgramme/project support:
- Support the Country Director (CD) and National Project Officer (NPO) to oversee all activities of the assigned project to ensure the project completes and meets the targets, indicators with high quality.
- Support the Country Director (CD) and National Project Officers (NPO) to oversee the maintenance of the Programme/project Team’s information systems, both electronic and hard copies. Ensure to file dossiers as HAIV regulation.
- Assist the HAIV Team in preparing and maintaining documents relating to proposals and projects.
- Support the CD and NPO to liaise with the project and partners’ staff who are associated with the projects.
- Check and ensure the correctness of narrative and financial reports from project partners.
- Participate in and support the project team in the project’s trainings, meetings, monitoring visits and advocacy, capacity building activities
- Be involved in proposal development processes.
- Assist in the preparation process of workshops or meetings of interests to HAIV and participation as required.
- Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations and programmes, to anyone that encounters our work;
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism;
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices;
- Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and comply with HR vetting procedures.
- Reducing the risk of harm and abuse in the field;
- Involving communities in the design of programmes and complaint response mechanisms, be responsible for implementation and review;
- Attending specialist field training on safeguarding as required;
- Maintaining maps of support services for survivors;
- Receiving and responding to complainants/survivors and ensuring that no further harm is done, following a survivor-centred approach, using the principles of psychological first aid, and signposting to relevant local services as needed
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents, they become aware of
- Maintain and administrate advance and settle for project’s trip. Ensure the correctness of financial records.
- Be responsible for ensuring all banking is undertaken promptly and bank records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Making payments and liaising with staff and suppliers as necessary.
- Support the FAM/FAO to produce project financial reports, project budgets and forecasts as required, including the detailed budget sheets (DBSs).
- To ensure that financial dossiers and supporting documents is compliant with HelpAge & donor requirement
- Support FAM/FAO in Tax and Insurance works.
- To support the work of audits as assigned
- Support FAM/FAO in administrative and procurement works in compliance with the HAIV’s policies.
- Responsible for running errands and ancillary purchases e.g. Mailing & Courier, Banking services, Utilities payment. Update the asset and inventory list.
- Facilitate visitors transportation to the hotel, airport and meetings
- To perform other tasks assigned FAM or NPO.
Equal OpportunitiesHelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
SafeguardingEveryone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required. More details see attached ToR.
How to applyPlease submit your application document consists of:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role that should not be more than 1 page of A4 size
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV), maximum 3 pages of A4 size
- Two referees, including your most recent employers
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.With a view to minimising our administration costs we are unfortunately only able to contact again those candidates who have been shortlisted for interview and writing test. Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer