NATIONAL PROGRAMME ASSISTANT - AGRIFOOD SECTOR
- Location: Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Type of Position: Full-time
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development OrganisationSNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation driven by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term country presence in over 24 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to markets and basic services - empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. Our work focuses on three sectors - Agrifood, Energy, and Water.
SNV has been working in Viet Nam since 1995, and currently has over 30 national and international staff. SNV Viet Nam’s team works hand-in-hand with communities, government agencies, and businesses in more than 50 provinces, including the most remote and poorest areas of the country. We operate from a country head office in Hanoi and regional offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Dalat.
SNV Viet Nam is implementing and developing a number of new Agrifood sector projects funded by various clients and donors. Therefore, we are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Programme Assistant to provide administrative and logistical support to project implementation and preparation.The PA will report to the Project Manager(s) for the projects assigned and is expected to perform the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide overall programme support to the Project Manager and team to ensure the projects operate smoothly and effectively.
- Provision of administrative support e.g. drafting of letters to request official approvals for project activities, events, surveys etc.
- Preparation of detailed cost-estimates and budgets for project activities
- Organise travel and logistics for project events, missions, visitors, workshops/meetings etc.
- Provide interpretation/translation support as/if needed from time to time
- Identification, selection and management of service providers and suppliers (working with SNV Viet Nam’s Procurement Officer)
- Support in preparation, consolidation and management of contracts, partner contracts (in collaboration with advisors), program/ project documentation and correspondence.
- Together with advisors-in charge, follow-up on partner contracts and contract implementation, financial advances, reporting and clearance.
- Book-keeping and basic accounting (collection and compilation of receipts, evidence/records of expenditures, and settlement of payments, basic reporting on project expenses working with SNV Viet Nam’s Admin & Finance Officers)
- Provide projects with M&E support in line with the M&E plan assigned by the project manager and M&E advisor. Tasks include regular field monitoring to track progress, and collect data on results, targets, milestones, performance and changes in the lifetime of the projects; supporting the M&E adviser to enter and update data.
- Manage the filing storage (hard and soft copies), including consolidating and uploading project agendas, plans and reports to the appropriate SNV shared drives.
- Other appropriate supporting tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- University degree in economics, development studies, business management or other relevant subject
- Vietnamese citizen
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience at international organisation(s)
- Understanding and experience of development projects, project management, M&E is preferable
- Passion for community development, business
- Keen to learn by doing, takes initiative and creative in solving problems
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Good organisational skills and interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Vietnamese)
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Email)
- Willing to travel to other provinces
Contract Type: Full-time contract
Duty Station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Contract Duration: 01 year with the possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: June
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package
Working at SNVSNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. This position is ideally based out of the Country head office in Ha Noi.
How To Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and a letter of motivation before/on the 19th May 2023. Please submit your application only via Smart Recruiters by clicking on the I'm Interested button at https://bit.ly/SNV-PA. All information will be in the strictest confidence.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.