Summary of key functions:In implementing the programme, the National Programme Officer will work in close collaboration with other UNODC programme officers, financial and administrative staff, technical advisors and experts, government officials, and other relevant stakeholders. The NPO may also receive and act on requests for assistance from other UNODC initiatives having activities in Southeast Asia and the Pacific. Specific tasks to be performed by the National Programme Officer (Cybercrime) The incumbent will fulfill the functions of National Programme Officer (Cybercrime) for UNODC activities in Vietnam and provide support, as needed, to other initiatives implemented in that country. Specifically, the incumbent will fulfill the following tasks:
II. FUNCTION:1. Programme Implementation:
- Support the development of activities in key areas related to combatting cybercrime, as described in the programmes’ workplan and financial contribution agreements;
- Ensure effective management and logistical support;
- Support coordination with government counterparts;
- Provide support and advice to the cybercrime team and the UNODC Officer leading the Programme Office in Vietnam;
- Assist with the management, administration and supervision of UNODC assets and resources in line with UN rules, regulations and procedures under the delegated authority of the first reporting officer;
- Assist with the preparation and updating of work plans and ensure that implementation is consistent with the provisions of programme documents;
- Conduct effective planning, implementation and monitoring of work plans, logical frameworks, and financial and budgetary documents;
- Take responsibility for the financial and administrative management of activities in the field assigned to him/her;
- Assist with the design and with formulating programme extensions and supplementary activities in the thematic areas assigned, thus translating UNODC’s priorities into local needs;
- Coordinate implementation of activities with executing agencies;
- Introduce and monitor performance indicators, success criteria, milestones, and cost recovery;
- Conduct a continuous financial and substantive monitoring of programmes’ activities, identify operational and financial challenges and develop solutions;
- Prepare, consolidate, review, and ensure the quality of different reports in close consultation with the other members of the cybercrime team.
- Coordinate and liaise with UNODC staff, government officials, (foreign) law enforcement personnel, national non-governmental actors and members of the business community at the technical level to facilitate implementation and to create opportunities for collaboration;
- Ensure regular communication with counterparts in charge of programme implementation;
- Create and maintain a network of focal points and contacts with law enforcement agencies to ensure smooth implementation of the programme and effective lines of communication between these agencies and UNODC;
- Ensure communication and coordination with international partners providing technical support in areas relevant to the programmes.
- Identify sources of information to apply best practices related to the programmes’ goals;
- Analyse information to generate strategic intelligence products;
- Identify knowledge gaps within government agencies and collaborate with Cybercrime Management to bridge those gaps (e.g. by organizing advanced counter cybercrime training workshops);
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organize training.
- Perform other duties to support project implementation as advised by the Regional Programme Coordinator, such as regularly visiting of cybercrime and digital forensics laboratories for monitoring purposes and the supervision of training results.
- Has knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches pertaining to cybercrime, as well as organized crime.
- Has knowledge of the mandates of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
- Has very good research and analytical skills. Is able to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Is able to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Further infomration: click here National Programme Officer (Cybercrime)Service Contract (SB-4/SC 8) Open to Vietnamese national only Hanoi, Viet Nam
Deadline: 11 December 2022
(a) Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for. (b) Failure to submit supporting documents as specified in the announcement will result in an incomplete application. Applicants who submit incomplete applications will NOT be considered. (c) Applicants employed as a civil servant or government official, whose applications are successful, will be required to provide a letter from their employer indicating no objection to paid employment with UNODC for a period of unpaid leave from current employer.Download Personal History Form (P11)
World Share Corporation Korea
10/02/2023Save Vietnam\'s Wildlife
06/02/2023Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation (ASSIST)