Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
Position Title: National Programme Officer – Migrant Education/Training
Duty Station: Ha Noi, Vietnam
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 5:00 PM, September 7, 2021
Reference Code: VN2021/HN/18 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
IOM Viet Nam, through its labour migration, counter trafficking and human development programme supports the Government of Viet Nam to enhance capacity of migrant workers to protect themselves from undertaking risky migration and benefit from regular labour migration as well as alternative livelihoods options in country.
IOM Viet Nam is currently implementing several partnership projects with the Government and private sector to provide upskilling opportunities for Vietnamese youth including migrant workers.
Under overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Programme and Project Development and Implementation (PPD&I) Unit Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of all skills training/education related activities in the country as well as liaison with government partners, private sector, UN and related agencies.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Skills Development Focal Point:
- Act as IOM Viet Nam focal point in the area of skills development.
- Oversee and coordinate IOM Viet Nam’s skills development related activities under different projects.
- Provide support and expertise to different projects in relation to skills development.
- Provide support to and participate in development of skills development related projects/programmes.
- Represent IOM at relevant meetings/ workshops/conferences when required.
- Maintain good relationship/partnership with government implementing partners, private sector and UN agencies in the area of skills development.
- Pro-actively participate in discussions and form partnerships with the private sector, public sector, and civil society partners on the topic of skills development.
- Provide effective project implementation coordination in accordance with the approved Project Documents and Budget and in close coordination with all stakeholders.
- Draft project reports for donors, as well as aspects of interim and final reports, in coordination with the Project Manager.
Project Development, Research and Communication
- Map the landscape of potential and relevant private sector, public sector, and civil society partners to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders to promote skills development.
- Assemble and process data required for planning and negotiation of project activities, considering different approaches and alternative methods for project design, management, problem identification and problem resolution.
- Develop communications and promotional products and materials, in line with the communications strategy of IOM VN, and in alignment with IOM global communication strategies and materials.
- Provide technical and backstopping support to various teams in the mission.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in social sciences or other relevant disciplines; or University degree with minimum two years of relevant professional experience;
- Significant experience liaising with - and proven network in - the private sector, governmental and diplomatic authorities, as well as with international institutions;
- Experience in developing and implementing programs related to skills development training/education;
- Demonstrated experience in program development, implementation, analysis and evaluation, including budget planning and monitoring;
- Experience in facilitation and training of large groups, diverse groups, and groups of senior-level executives as well as experience with innovative training, facilitation approaches and training designer;
- Strong coordination, negotiation, mobilizing and facilitation skills;
- Pro-active mind-set. Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese Languages is essential;
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at vietnam.iom.int
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to email@example.com referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
From 24.08.2021 to 07.09.2021
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross