Open to Internal and External Candidates
VN 2021/05 (NO-HCMC)
Position Title : National Project Officer
Duty Station : HCMC, Vietnam
Classification : National Officer, Grade NO-A (UN salary scale)
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : September 17, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications are welcome from first-and second-tier candidates. For the purpose of this vacancy, the internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates. Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the VN. The minimum time in post requirement will be reduced to six months or more for those with short-term contracts.
IOM’s Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking in Asia (CREST) is an initiative implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) that supports businesses in upholding the human and labour rights of migrant workers in key sectors and migration corridors.
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission in Ha Noi and the direct supervision of the CREST Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of labour migration related activities in Vietnam under CREST programme, and providing technical and administrative support related to the implementation of capacity building activities on ethical recruitment for different supply chain actors in global supply chains in Viet Nam.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Lead capacity-building of suppliers of global brands:
- Assume the role of IOM Viet Nam primary focal point for capacity building activities for suppliers of global brands.
- Develop and deliver trainings to suppliers of global brands to develop and implement due diligence on ethical recruitment. This includes tailoring training materials for supply chain actors in different industries and countries, translating and proofreading of the training materials in local language(s).
- Manage all logistical arrangements for each training session, maintain supplier database, and consolidate participants’ feedback for each training session.
- Assess the practices of suppliers and recruitment agencies against the international standards on ethical recruitment and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor supplier progress and provide technical support in addressing the challenges raised by suppliers and recruitment agencies.
- Draft regular progress reports, project updates, talking points, and briefing materials related to supplier capacity building and private sector engagement as needed.
- Provide support in developing ethical recruitment due diligence tools for employers of migrant workers and the recruitment agencies that they work with.
Support implementation of CREST programme in Viet Nam:
Private Sector and Multi-Stakeholder Engagement
- Pro-actively participate in discussions and negotiations with the private sector, public sector, and civil society partners on the topics of labour migration and responsible business conduct in international supply chains, including human trafficking and forced labour.
- Pro-actively plan and organize formation of partnerships with both the public and private sector, designed to coordinate the goals of the CREST project and mission.
- Participate in relevant public and private sector working groups on migration and responsible business conduct.
Project Management, Development and Research:
- Provide effective project implementation support in accordance with the approved Project Documents and Budget and in close coordination with all stakeholders.
- Map the landscape of potential and relevant private sector, public sector, and civil society partners to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders to address the risks of labour exploitation including forced labour and human trafficking in supply chains and support development of concept notes and project proposals for new funding.
- Initiate the design of relevant research activities on the intersection of labour migration, business and human rights, gender.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in social sciences, law, sustainability or other relevant disciplines.
- or a University degree with minimum two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working with the private sector, UN agencies and/or non-governmental organizations, and government authorities in Viet Nam.
- Experience in developing and implementing programmes related to labour migration, international labour recruitment and corporate sustainability and compliance programs.
- Strong experience in developing and delivering capacity-building to large groups, diverse groups, and groups of senior-level executives as well as experience with innovative training, facilitation approaches and training design.
- Experience in monitoring improvement plan status and progress from labour and human rights assessments.
- Experience in drafting regular status and progress reports.
- Experience in Code of Conduct audits or management system-based audits as a certified and trained auditor is an asset.
- Experience in assessing companies located in different countries and in different industries is an asset.
- In depth knowledge of labour migration and a broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization.
- Knowledge of supply chain management.
- Knowledge of country and industry risks related to labour and human rights.
- Strong analysis skills, attention to detail, and high level of accuracy.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
Languages: Strong communication and facilitation skills in English and Vietnamese languages.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (level 2)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at https://vietnam.iom.int
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)
Communications Manager, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW) (WWF)WWF
Community forest consultant in Quang Nam Province (RECOFTC)RECOFTC
Communications Intern (maximum 6 months) (Hagar)Hagar
Child Protection and Education Collaborator (GNI)GNI
Sector Leader Energy (SNV)SNV
Consultancy services at GIZ (GIZ)GIZ
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)WVV
Communication and Event Intern (MSD)MSD
Child and Youth Program Intern (MSD)MSD
Consultancy work (advanced counselling on diet and physical activity) (WHO)WHO
Human Resource Assistant (SNV)SNV
SDGs Intern (MSD)
Project Finance Officer (02 Persons) (SNV)SNV
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager (CCIHP)CCIHP
Consultancy service for preparation of a Joint Project (GIZ)GIZ
National Project Manager (Tổ chức Phát triển Công nghiệp Liên Hợp Quốc - UNIDO)UNIDO
Thực tập sinh Truyền thông (Trung tâm Phát triển Nông thôn Bền vững - SRD)SRD
Consular Assistant (Embassy of Canada to Vietnam)Embassy of Canada to Vietnam
Designer Intern (PATH)PATH