Parent Sector : Culture Sector (CLT)
Duty Station: Hanoi
Job Family: Culture
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30-Oct-2020
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Beginning in late 2020, UNESCO will implement a new project “Mobilizing cultural dynamics and youth participation for Hanoi Creative Capital”. Recognized by UNESCO in 2019 as a Creative City of Design, Ha Noi now seeks to use its cultural legacy to shape its new model of creative economy and as an important ground for its socio-economic development. This project will contribute to Ha Noi City’s efforts in realizing its commitments as a Creative City via mobilizing cultural dynamics and youth participation in the strategic vision of Ha Noi in this designation.
The project will be jointly implemented with UNIDO and UN Habitat to leverage existing initiatives and create a platform for a more consistent and coordinated approach to youth programming and investment in Hanoi, involving various stakeholders including government, private sector and the local communities for the course of Ha Noi’s development model.
Funded by SOVICO Group of Viet Nam, the Project aims to achieve the following key outputs:
- Assisting Ha Noi City to formulate a long-term, strategic vision for inclusive, transformative and sustainable development given the important linkage between culture and sustainable development
- Fostering the necessary conditions (policies, spaces and resources) for nourishing youth’s creative ideas towards developing Ha Noi to be a Creative Capital
- Strengthening multi-stakeholders partnership in the creative industries in Ha Noi and the country.
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Building partnerships (M)
Under the overall authority of the UNESCO Representative and the direct supervision of the Head of the Culture Section, the Project Officer will plan, implement, coordinate and monitor the project on Mobilizing cultural dynamics and youth participation for Ha Noi Creative City, undertaking the following assignments in this regard:
- Coordinate the implementation of the project, ensuring the achievement of the project objectives, implementation of the proposed activities and production of the outputs/deliverables as per the approved project document and work plans, including following up and reporting progress;
- Oversee the financial and administrative/logistics aspects of the project and make revisions of the work plans and budget in the course of implementation as necessary in consultation with the UNESCO Representative, Chief of Culture Section, SOVICO Group and the other two implementing agencies;
- Coordinate closely with the other two implementing agencies: UNIDO and UN-Habitat and SOVICO Group to ensure the regular partners update and smooth project implementation ;
- Act as a key liaison with SOVICO Group and all key stakeholders including the relevant departments of Ha Noi City including, but not limited to, Department of Culture and Sports, Department of Foreign Affairs, , and other government agencies and the National Commission for UNESCO, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and concerned international partners such as Embassies;
- Undertake specific technical tasks in order to achieve the project objectives linked to the implementation of the work plans under the project;
- Work with the communication focal points of UNESCO, UN Habitat, UNIDO and SOVICO group to develop the Project Communication Plan and provide regular input about the project activities for social media, the Organization website and other visibility tools;
- Prepare the project reports on the progress of activities/expenditures in close collaboration with implementing partners and assist Chief of Culture Section in UNESCO reporting system including internal and Donor reports and inputs for the joint UN report;
- Identify opportunities for new initiatives grounded on youth engagement and culture creativity-related areas and expand the network of like-minded partners on Creative City.
– Advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in Cultural Management/Studies, Social Sciences, Political Science, International Development, Project Management or other related fields;
– At least five (5) years of relevant professional experiences in working on project management/ coordination and youth engagement;
– Sound knowledge of the linkage between culture and education and creative education;
– Solid knowledge of Communication for Development (C4D) approaches;
– Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
– Strong creativity;
– Highly organized and self-motivated;
– Tact and maturity to work with senior government officials;
– Capacity to collaborate and positively engage with a range of partners and beneficiaries, including national/local authorities as well as key stakeholders in civil society, national and international NGOs;
– Demonstrated personal sensitivity and commitment to the values and principles of equity, gender equality and cultural diversity;
– Excellent computing skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and related programmes; and
– Prior UN experience is an asset.
– Excellent written and spoken English.
– Excellent written and spoken Vietnamese.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation