- Job Posting: 26/Jan/2024
- Closure Date: 16/Feb/2024, 5:59:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FAVIE - FAO Representation in Vietnam
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Viet Nam-Hanoi
- Duration: 10 months
- Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
Organizational SettingThe Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations. With presently 194 member states, FAO works in more than 130 countries worldwide, including Vietnam where the Organization has operated since 1978. The current Country Programming Framework (CPF) for the period of 2022 - 2025 has four priority areas: (1) One Health (OH); (2) Climate change response, environment and natural resources management; (3) Food safety, sustainable production and consumption, and equitable livelihoods for all; and (4) Governance, Gender and PWDs. The incumbent’s tasks will mainly contribute to the first priority area.
Reporting LinesThe incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Viet Nam, the direct supervision of the Senior Technical Coordinator of Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD), and in close coordination with FAO ECTAD team including national consultant(s) and government partners.
Technical FocusSpecialized in Animal Health, Finance and Administration the incumbent will contribute to the successful implementation of FAO projects in the country by undertaking the following tasks and duties:
Tasks and responsibilities1. Support and assist the Senior Technical Coordinator to deliver ECTAD programme in Vietnam; 2. Support coordination and facilitation of all ECTAD project activities between FAO and Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) departments as well as facilitate necessary government clearance for the project implementation:
- Prepare supporting documents (project document, work plan, reports, concept notes, etc.) and related information to support ECTAD project implementation
- Support FAO to fulfil Viet Nam national procedures and requirements linked to ECTAD project implementation
- Assist the Senior Technical Coordinator, National Project Director, and ECTAD staff in planning, implementation, and monitoring the progress of the ECTAD project
- Provide technical advice and support animal health capacity development including laboratory, epidemiology and workforce capacity;
- Support the coordination with government partners to implement ECTAD project activities
- Support the organization of regular (monthly) coordination and technical meetings among government partners and FAO ECTAD
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in veterinary medicine, veterinary science, animal science or related field
- At least 7 years of relevant experience working in project coordination and management
- Woking knowledge of English;
- National of Vietnam or resident of the country with a valid work permit
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in planning, coordination, and organization of national activities to develop animal health capacity
- Extent and relevance of professional experience in project and/or programme formulation and implementation
- Excellent technical report preparation skills.
- Extent and relevance of experience in liaison with partners and institutions in both formal and informal contexts.
- Familiarity with UN or other international agencies field programmes is an asset.
- Computer literacy with spreadsheets, databases, data and analytical information management, Microsoft.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work experience with government authorities in Viet Nam in the management and implementation of animal health capacity development programmes will be considered and advantage
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website atJobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT