National Specialist in Status-quo study for integrated agro-ecotourism and organic agriculture in Ca Mau province
- Job Posting: 10/Mar/2021
- Closure Date: 25/Mar/2021, 5:59:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FAVIE
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Viet Nam-Hanoi
- Duration: 40 working days
- The status of organic agriculture production and agro-ecotourism in Mekong Delta with special focus on Ca Mau province, which include comprehensive analysis of potential (production and market), comparative advantages, disadvantages, challenges of organic production, eco-tourism and integration of the two sectors;
- The implementation and gaps of the provincial organic agriculture production plan; and the roles and participation of private sector, farmers, research institutions and government in promotion of organic production and agro-ecotourism;
- Recommendations for the provincial tourism development plan, which is planned to be developed in 2021;
- Recommendations for promotion and development of organic agriculture (including gap filling to the provincial plan and implementation);
- Recommendations for scale-up and replication in other regions of Vietnam as a strategic measures for sustainable production and consumption in circular economy perspective.
- Take lead and responsible for tourism part of the development of methodology, field survey plan and protocol;
- Lead and conduct literature review and field survey;
- Take key role in drafting, finalizing and quality assurance of the report;
- Make presentations at national/regional workshops if/when required .
- Master degree in economics, business management, tourism or related discipline;
- Experience in tourism sector analysis, development, with a focus on sustainable/responsible/eco-tourism/community-based tourism;
- National of Vietnam or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
- Results Focus
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience with the Government of Viet Nam
- Extent and relevance of experience in agro-ecotourism and organic agriculture
- Knowledge in sustainable production and consumption, circular economy, value chain, local economic development, private sector engagement is advantageous;
- Proven experience in designing and leading field survey, data analysis, report writing, presentation is a must;
- Relevant academic background;
- Relevant experience in local economic analysis with a focus on organic/sustainable agriculture;
- Relevant experience in one or more areas of development policy, integrated approach, sustainable production and consumption, circular economy, value chain, local economic development, private sector engagement;
- Extent of experience in research design, leading field research, data analysis, report writing, presentation;
- English skills
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)