The National Start-up Officer works relevant colleagues to implement the AI4EE Program in Viet Nam under supervision of Project Manager (PM). The postholder is required to have experience in working with start-ups, including developing and organizing accelerator programs, hackathons and trainings. Broad sector expertise ideally in the field of innovation, energy efficiency, sustainable development, climate change, and green growth is desirable. The postholder will work collaboratively across GGGI's divisions as well as with the relevant government authorities (MOIT, EUD), private sectors, and other relevant stakeholders under the supervision. The postholder will have adequate level of stakeholder participation and strategic thinking skills, is experienced in assessing innovative products and business models of start-ups, understands the most common funding structures for start-ups and early-stage companies has proven project management skills. Adequate relevant professional experience and networks in Viet Nam are essential.
Under the close supervision of his/her manager, the post holder will:
- Perform desktop research on start-up market in Vietnam and engage with innovation ecosystem including incubators, accelerators, venture capital and private equity firms etc., identification of potential companies for accelerator program.
- Support design, develop and organize 2 rounds of acceleration programs focused on innovations for EE.
- Provide ideas to design and organize 3-6 months coaching program for EE start-ups in cooperation with professional training company.
- Support organization of networking events for all relevant stakeholders including investors.
- Support research on policy gaps hampering innovations of EE start-ups in Vietnam.
- Provide technical input throughout project implementation and support colleagues in ad-hoc tasks.
- Enrich knowledge by participating in the assessment of program needs and resources to assist in program design, development, and implementation.
- Support facilitation of discussion between government, private sector, development partners and civil society.
- Research and acquire information/knowledge from a variety of sources in support of delivery of a good quality output.
- Understand project methodologies and provide a wide range of contributions in support of delivery of components/workstreams in the country program.
- Support PM in building close working relationships and a strong network with a wide range of stakeholders across government and the private sector (both Vietnamese and international).
In this role, the National Start-up Officer shall:
- Understand the project cycle, identify project delivery issues, and be able to organize his/her analytical work to ensure the delivery of quality results.
- Provide in a timely manner to support subsequent work and consistent with the work plan and project cycle.
- Assess delivery issues and work with national counterparts to build common understanding and coordination on project activities.
- Support the collection of data and relevant metrics for the compilation of reporting to GGGI HQ and donors.
- Assist developing new connections with relevant stakeholders and institutions in the public and private sectors.
- Support new collaborations with international partners (country or global-level).
- Disseminate tools for capacity building and knowledge sharing products such as insight briefs and toolkits.
- Report to project managers, with travel to project sites as required.
- Postgraduate degree preferred in relevant field, i.e. finance, business, energy efficiency, climate change, innovation.
- Preferred minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese is required.
- Exceptional analytical skills, alongside strong organizational and strategic thinking skills.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement, client relationship, communication and consensus building skills.
- Proven project delivery experience, i.e. managing the delivery of results on time and on budget.
- Leadership, team work and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working with developing countries implementing accelerator programs and have a good understanding of public policy, energy efficiency, climate change, and green growth.
- Experience and technical knowledge of the start-up environment and innovations in Vietnam.
- Experience engaging with a wide range of stakeholders including ministries, donors, private sector players.
- Experience working in Viet Nam.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI's mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Process and share information easily and excellent at problem solving.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, build rapport and resolve conflict easily.
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff.
- Be able to lead, develop and motivate staff and support the Project Manager to make sound decisions.
Please send application directly to GGGI following link: National Start-up Officer (STA2187) (gggi.org)
Date to close (KST): 08/11/2022
Based in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as green growth, which targets key aspects of economic performance such as poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries' development priorities. GGGI's work cuts across from the development of policies through to sector planning and the identification and financing of projects.
The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers, as well as building the conditions for public and private green investments. Since 2012, GGGI has worked with the government of Viet Nam, in the planning and investment sectors with MPI, in urban green growth with the Ministry of Construction (MOC) and on renewable energy and energy efficiency with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT). Starting Q1/2022 GGGI Viet Nam will begin implementing the 3-year Accelerating Innovations for Energy Efficiency Program (AI4EE), which will support Vietnamese entrepreneurs in scaling up their EE businesses or products and mobilizing investment from international investors. The program is funded by the Delegation of the European Union to Viet Nam (EUD) and implemented jointly by GGGI and the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT).Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
30/11/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact