Terms of Reference
Job Title: Team Leader cum Road Safety Specialist (national individual specialist)
Reporting to: Team Leader, Aus4Transport
1. Aus4Transport is an Australian Government initiative to support the Government of Vietnam (GOV) in developing high-quality transport infrastructure to promote economic growth and poverty reduction. Aus4Transport is managed by a Program Managing Contractor (PMC), DT Global, Australia, on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) of the Australian Government.
2. The program’s goal is to increase investment in Vietnam’s road, rail, and inland waterway infrastructures by bringing higher quality projects to market faster. The end-of-program outcome is faster project development and improved quality of transport infrastructures making use of funding from all financial sources. Two intermediate Program outcomes are anticipated: (i) the Ministry of Transport (MOT) giving enhanced consideration of engineering, financial, economic, safety, gender, social and environmental matters in all pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies and detailed engineering design leading to MOT bringing better prepared proposals and concepts more rapidly to implementation, drawing on innovative and comprehensive approaches; and (ii) MOT identifying bottlenecks to improved project development, identifying and assessing remedial measures, and recommending improved practices, leading to MOT adopting innovations in policies and procedures toward improved project development.
3. Working in close partnership with the MOT, the Aus4Transport line agency, and the wider transport sector, the Program will provide support through two streams of activities:
- Stream A: Facilitating project preparation for major projects that are listed, or soon to be listed, in the GOV’s Mid-term Investment Plan; and
- Stream B: Supporting the sector through research, innovation, policy reform, and training that responds to the specific needs of various transport users (including women, people with disabilities and ethnic minorities) as well as dealing with issues related to the development of the sector, including road safety and climate change.
B. Stream B – Road Safety Awareness Campaign Design (RSAC) Activity
4. The GOV has received a Loan from the Asian Development Bank to undertake the Northern Mountain Provinces Transport Connectivity Project (NMPTCP), in which MOT acting as the Project line agency. Additionally, MOT acting as Program line agency of the Aus4Transport. Part of the Aus4Transport grant is used for financing the consulting services for the detailed design and documentation (DDD) of the NMPTCP as a Stream A Activity. Aus4Transport grant will also be used for financing a Stream B Activity “Design of a Road Safety Awareness Campaign for the NMPTCP” – RSACD. MOT acting as the Activity line agency will have the overall responsible for the implementation of the RSACD Activity. MOT has assigned (i) its Project Management Unit No.2 (PMU2) acting as the Activity Executing and Implementing agency, to oversee on behalf of MOT the Activity implementation progress and quality; overall coordination of the Activity with regard to MOT requirements, monitoring Activity progress and quality and using the Activity outputs. The RSAC will be designed in close consultation with the National Committee for Traffic Safety (NCTS).
5. Aus4Transport has assigned the PMC to act as the client of the required consulting services. The PMC will manage in collaboration with PMU2 the Activity implementation including recruitment and signing of contracts with the individual consultants.
6. The Activity scope is to design a Road Safety Awareness Campaign to be implemented prior to and during the construction period of the NMPTC Project. The campaign will target the civil works contractors and their workers, the road users, the local communities and businesses, with a special attention to the ethnic minorities, living along the project roads. At the time of writing the implementation of the campaign is expected to be procured and managed by Aus4Transport as a separate activity once the design is approved by MOT and DFAT.
7. The Activity outputs encompass: (i) a Safety Risk Mitigation Plan to be reflected appropriately, in consultation with the Project’s supervision consultant, in the contractors’ Traffic Management Plans, as required by the Project’ Environment Management Plan, and (ii) a comprehensive Road Safety Awareness Campaign including detailed scope, implementation arrangements and estimated cost. The following outlines the task to be carried out by the Consultant team:
- The Safety Risk Mitigation Plan is to address safety issues during the construction phase. A set of road safety measures to be implemented by the civil works contractors have been identified as part of the ADB-funded Project Preparatory Technical Assistance (PPTA). The Consultant team will review and improve as required the PPTA recommended measures whose objectives are to ensure road safety among construction workers, road users and local population along the worksites. This will be done in consultation with the Project’s supervision consultant. The consultants will deliver a comprehensive risk mitigation plan inclusive of implementation arrangements.
- Road Safety Awareness Campaign:
- The Consulting team will prepare a comprehensive and integrated road safety awareness campaign, that is consistent with Vietnam's overall road safety program, which is to be implemented two to three months prior to and during the construction period along the Project roads. The main beneficiaries include road users, roadside communities and businesses. The Program will be developed in close consultation with NCTS, PMU2 and the Traffic Police and Provincial People’s Committees of the Project provinces: Lai Chau, Lao Cai and Yen Bai. Also, the Consultants will liaise with the Multilateral Development Bank (MDB) involved in Vietnam road safety programs. The road safety awareness campaign will include specific modules dealing with gender and disability issues.
- The development of these modules may involve non-government organisations or drama troupes, or other suggested organizations especially recommended by the Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU). The Social Development cum GEDSI Specialist will interview and survey a sampling of VWU officials and meet with relevant people with disabilities (PWD) and officials working with PWDs in the Project districts to formalize the awareness campaign. The campaign may involve tapping into female teachers at schools, local hospital officials who work daily on motorbike accident victims and the police who are in charge of recording accidents. A summary report compiling the outcomes of the social survey on road safety will be prepared by the Social Development Specialist. The campaign will be designed in close consultation with MOT and NCTS to ensure effective and cost-effective publicity and campaign and develop awareness on road safety issues among the local communities and influence road user behaviour.
- The Consulting team will develop a road safety education pilot project in high-risk areas to be identified in consultation with NCTS and PMU2.
- The Consulting team will estimate the awareness campaign cost (detailed cost estimate) and recommend arrangements for its implementation along with the Terms of Reference for the recommended services providers.
- The Consulting team will present the Road Safety Awareness Campaign, its scope and objectives, as well as the draft and final Risk Mitigation Plan and Road Safety Awareness Campaign through workshops targeting PMU officers, national and provincial authorities concerned and local communities.
8. The Activity will require the input of (i) a national Team Leader cum Road Safety Specialist (3 person-months intermittent), (ii) a national Social Development cum Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) Specialist (3 person-months) and (iii) an international Road Safety Specialist (2 person-months).
C. National Team Leader cum Road Safety Specialist– Scope of Services
9. The implementation of the Activity will require the services of a National Team Leader cum Road Safety specialist who will monitor and supervise in consultation with PMU2 and Aus4Transport, the technical work carried out by the Activity team and assist an international Road Safety Specialist with necessary information and liaison with related stakeholders (NCTS, MOT’s departments and provincial authorities) as required. The Team Leader will coordinate with the PMC, to ensure timely delivery of the Activity outputs by the Activity team and will consult with PMU2 and MOT’s related departments on achieving the required deliverables.
10. The tasks of the Team Leader cum Road Safety specialist will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Managing, monitoring and supervising in consultation with PMU2 and PMC, the work carried out by the consulting team, ensuring compliance with the TOR requirements and contractual obligations of the specialists.
- Preparing and submitting to Aus4Transport and PMU2, Activity progress reports, draft and final deliverables and reports as listed in the Activity deliverables, and any other reports on an as-needed basis by consolidating related reports prepared by the individual team members.
- Seeking in writing PMU2’s support to the Activity team in accordance with PMU2’s obligations.
- Organising and delivering in consultation with PMU2 and with the assistant of the consulting team all the Activity consultations, surveys, workshops and training sessions.
- Preparing, as assigned, memos and communications required for the Activity; and
- Representing the Activity team in meetings with NCTS, related MOT departments and provincial authorities and other government agencies associated with the Activity.
- Maintaining regular contacts with the PMC Team Leader, and PMU2 management as required to report on the Activity progress, issues, any unexpected requirements, and any guidance required.
Road Safety Specialist
- Leading the Activity Team for field surveys on road safety related aspects along Project roads in the three provinces (Lai Chau, Lao Cai and Yen Bai)
- Assisting the International Road Safety Specialist in: (i) reviewing and improving as required the PPTA recommended measures whose objectives are to ensure road safety among construction workers, road users and local population along the worksites; and (ii) preparing a comprehensive risk mitigation plan inclusive of implementation arrangements for ensuring Project road safety.
- Maintaining close consultation with NCTS, PMU2 and the Traffic Police and Provincial People’s Committees of the three Project provinces to assist the international Road Safety Specialist preparing a comprehensive and integrated road safety awareness campaign to be implemented along the Project roads. The campaign will be designed in close consultation with MOT and NCTS to ensure effective and cost-effective publicity and campaign and develop awareness on road safety issues among the local communities and influence road user behaviour.
- Working with the national Social Development specialist to prepare detail cost estimate for the awareness campaign and recommend arrangements for its implementation along with the Terms of Reference for the recommended services providers.
- Presenting, together with the national Social Development specialist, the Road Safety Awareness Campaign, its scope and objectives, as well as the draft and final Risk Mitigation Plan and Road Safety Awareness Campaign through workshops targeting PMU officers, national and provincial authorities concerned and local communities.
- In consultation with NCTS and PMU2, identify and develop a road safety education pilot project in high-risk areas.
D. Key Expertise Requirements
11. The Team Leader cum Road Safety specialist will have a master’s degree in transport engineering or equivalent and more than 15 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of relevant experience in road safety or three road safety awareness campaign designs. The Team Leader should have substantive knowledge of project management and working knowledge of English.
12. The Team Leader should have a proven experience in road safety related projects, preferably with MOT in Vietnam and experience in dealing with government and local agencies.
E. Implementation Arrangements
13. The Team Leader will be engaged by the PMC on a intermittent basis for a total duration of 66 days over the anticipated 4-month duration of the Activity and will be based at the Aus4Transport Office in Hanoi with as-required visits to PMU2 Office.
14. The Team Leader will be administratively accountable to the Aus4Transport Team Leader, with whom he/she will work closely in overseeing the Activity; also, he/she will work closely and collaboratively with the Activity team members including the international Road Safety Specialist. The Team Leader’s principal counterpart is PMU2. The Team Leader is expected to maintain regular contact with PMU2 and the Activity team to discuss progress, issues, any assignment needs, and any guidance needed.
15. The Aus4Transport Program will cover the cost of the Team Leader’s remuneration in Vietnamese Dong, any domestic travel costs that may be required in support of his/her outputs. The Team Leader is expected to provide his/her own computer and peripherals needed for the assignment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, detailing applicable experience and skills, and a CV referencing “Application to the position of National Team Leader cum Road Safety Specialist”in the subject title to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 15 June 2021.
No phone calls. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank