National Team Leader, Nur Sultan
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Country: Kazakhstan
- City: Nur-Sultan
- Office: FAO in Astana, Kazakhstan
- National Team Leader in Kazakhstan (Part-Time position)
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Primary Location: Kazakhstan-Nur-Sultan
- Duration : 6 months, with a possibility of extension
- FAO's Subregional Office for Central Asia is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing sub-regional food, agriculture and rural development priorities.
- It develops and maintains relations with subregion wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Subregional Office reports to the FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Overall management of all activities in Kazakhstan including liaising with governmental stakeholders, elaborating work plans and budgets in consultation with stakeholders, and managing administrative and operational procedures at FAO to implement activities;
- Lead and supervise the multidisciplinary national team carrying out different activities under the project; liaise with technical departments at FAO and with all relevant national stakeholders such as Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources of Kazakhstan;
- Liaise with potential LoA partners, draft LoAs under all components, provide technical guidance to LoA partners and monitor day-to-day implementation of LoAs;
- Provide necessary support to International and National Consultants as needed;
- Report on progress as requested, participate in the Team Calls every second week;
- Highlight implementation issues in a timely manner and suggest mitigation activities;
- Organise and/or attend project meetings;
- Update annual Work Plans including in minimum following elements: o Provide support to the development of a national inventory on obsolete pesticides under guidance by the FAO project team;
- Provide support to the assessment of national disposal options for obsolete pesticides and related wastes as well as of annual arisings of legacy and confiscated pesticides under guidance by the FAO project team.
- Implement the annual Work Plan;
- Provide inputs for the Project Implementation Report (PIR) and the Project Progress Report (PPR);
- Mobilize in kind contributions from the government to the project;
- Facilitate missions of the LTO, STA, FAO TO, LOA partners and consultants to/in Kazakhstan by assisting in arranging meetings with stakeholders and beneficiaries; cv55plX BIpnb
- Organise national trainings, workshops and webinars;
- Maintain regular contacts with related projects on waste management and improved agricultural practices and relevant stakeholders;
- Travel (pending Covid-19 situation) to relevant project meetings, workshops and sites and prepare mission reports with clear indications of findings and recommendations;
- Carry out any other activities relevant to the project.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Agronomy and / or plant protection or integrated pests and pesticide management pest or in a related subject matter;
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, at the local or/and international level. Demonstrated experience in IPM, pest and pesticides life cycle management will be an asset;
- Working knowledge of English and Russian is required, a good command of Kazakh will be an asset;
- National of Kazakhstan or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Detailed understanding of international conventions, internationally accepted best practice and relevant agreements on pest and pesticide management.
- Knowledge or ability of understanding the FAO Guidelines.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Click HERE for more information and application details
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Save the Children
08/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
15/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Cục Xúc tiến Thương mại - Bộ Công Thương
10/12/2021Cục Xúc tiến Thương mại - Bộ Công Thương
10/12/2021Cục Xúc tiến Thương mại - Bộ Công Thương