Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the guidance of the WHO Representative and the Coordinator, Health Emergency and Disease Control Team, the UN Volunteer reports to and work together with the NCDs responsible officer(s), in a close working relationship with relevant professional and administrative staff in WHO Viet Nam and WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific to perform the following tasks;
- Assist NCDs responsible officer(s) to support the Ministry of Health in strengthening grass root health care network by building NCD management capacity at commune health station
- Provide technical assistance on a nationwide salt intake reduction campaign of the Ministry of Health, in coordination with the relevant national partners under supervision of NCDs responsible officer(s)
- When needed, provide Vietnamese-English (and vice versa) translation support during meetings with Ministry of Health counterparts and partners; and translation of short documents related to NCD management and salt reduction campaign.
- Perform other duties as requested/required by the WHO Vietnam office.
Application deadline: 28 March 2021
Location: Ha Noi
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor\'s degree in either Medicine, Public Health, Natural or Social Science, or Economics
Required experience: 24 Months
At least two years of experience in relevant areas including working with various stakeholders, monitoring progress of programmes and organizing workshops/trainings.
- Vietnamese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Public health, Capacity building of non-governmental organizations, Knowledge management, archiving and documentation
Area of expertise details:
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners;
- Familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; mobile applications and social media tools; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in the mission of promoting the UN Sustainable Development Goals especially the goal on Universal Health Coverage (UHC), volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision.
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.unv.org/calls/VNMR000106-9040
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)