Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jun 30, 2021
The post holder will lead donor mapping and resource mobilization activities. The post holder will be responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and/or developing concept notes and proposals directed to members and/or donors, including both institutional and corporates. The post holder will act as the CO focal person for proposal development, meaning she/he will coordinate with other departments for inputs into components of the proposal development process, consolidate and submit to Director of Program Development, Quality and Advocacy (PDQA) and Award Manager. The NBD Specialist will also play an active role in resource mobilisation through tracking funding opportunities, regularly updating donors’ mapping and tracking donor engagement in the CO.
The post holder will also work closely with Award Manager and PDQA Director to support in the elaboration, review and submission of key donor and member reports, as well as other SCI reports such as the CO annual reports. Furthermore, the NBD Specialist will support the capacity building efforts of programs staff by supporting the planned and ongoing report writing and proposal development training.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Development of concept notes and proposals:
- Act as the focal point within the CO for scheduling and coordinating the proposal development processes, working with each contributor (technical design, MEAL, budget, support services, etc.) to ensure proposals are completed holistically with efficient use of staff time.
- Consolidate input from program staff, draft and finalize quality concept notes and proposals.
- Support the development of concept notes and capacity statements for future programming.
- Support proposal writing capacity building efforts to CO staff and partners through on the job training.
- Lead on the implementation of the proposal development plan, Joint Opportunity Risk Tool (JORT) and other SCI key documents and processes related to the design of proposals and concept notes.
- Support the Award Manager to liaise with SC members to ensure the appropriateness and quality of the proposals being submitted to donors.
- Lead the revision of proposals and concept notes to incorporate feedback from colleagues and donors.
Donor mapping and resource mobilization:
- Regularly update and maintain the funding opportunity tracker by researching funding opportunities from donors, members and corporates
- Provide strategic advice and analysis to inform donor engagement, eligibility criteria for applicants, and go/no go decisions.
- Support Awards Manager to design donor engagement plans and fundraising strategies.
- Maintain donors’ dashboard updated by regularly including donors’ meeting’s minutes and other relevant information.
- Lead the fortnightly SMT funding catch up and capture go-no go decisions.
- Contribute to the development and updating of the fundraising strategy and other SCI documents related to funding and awards (donor and member engagement trackers, CSP, and so forth) as well as its roll-out to the programme staff.
- Take and store minutes of any meetings or discussions (in person or online) relevant to proposal development and reporting.
- Ensure proposal development processes are streamlined, efficient, and effective.
- Conduct induction on proposal development tools and processes to relevant staff.
- Edit and proofread key donor reports, ensuring accuracy, high quality of English.
- Faciliate discussions to gather and respond effectively to donors questions. Develop and lead training on quality report development for program teams and partners
- Bachelor degree in development & humanitarian, human rights, English, journalism or other related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent writing skills, in particular previous track record drafting concept notes and proposals
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge management: experience in capturing and analysing a wide variety of information and presenting this information in an attractive and clear manner.
- Creative, flexible, learns quickly and is patient
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Experience with a recognized national or international organization would be an asset but is not mandatory.
- Communication skills: Good communication skills; ability to interact with a wide variety of people and maintain a friendly, supportive and professional manner.
- Familiarity with the Vietnamese context and sensitivity to the needs and challenges of vulnerable populations.
- Innovation: Ability to easily adapt to changing technologies and constantly explore and learn new technologies, techniques, and protocols.
- Social/team competency: Ability to work smoothly and effectively with others in the team to establish constructive ideas or solutions that meet organizational objectives; comfortable in multicultural settings.
- Impact and results orientation: Proactive approach for smooth organization of internal processes; work independently with strong sense of initiative, discipline, and self-motivation.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to email@example.com
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam