WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 16,800,000 (FY21) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
In FY19, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hung Yen, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Finance is a support function of WVV with the main responsibilities of maintaining and strengthening the accountability and stewardship over the financial resources being entrusted to the organization.
In addition to the requirement of professional and educational background, staff working for the Finance function are required to possess a strong characteristic of honesty and integrity, as well as the ability to arrange and work under high pressure to meet very strict deadlines of financial reports submission.
By working closely with the AP/Project staff and other support staff, Finance function assists the WVV Management in achieving the office objectives by provision of improved financial management, better compliance, better controls and procedures.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship not only at the National Office but also at the APs/Projects.
The main responsibilities include ensuring that all financial records comply with the WV Financial Policies and Procedures and meet audit requirements
1. FIELD OFFICE ACCOUNTING FUNCTION (60%)
- Regular accounting and adjusting journal entries are prepared
- Calculate and process monthly payroll and tax payment for all staffs
- All staff’s salaries and benefits are allocated to correct cost center
- Submit monthly tax report and annual tax finalization for all staffs
- Reconciliation (GL, GNs, bank, etc) is carried out on a monthly basis.
- The correction and consistency with WV standard of the used accounts and analysis codes is ensured.
- The assets register is regularly updated and reconciled with the sunsystems data, and assets are physically verified at least on an annual basis.
- Sunsystems data are entered and reviewed, supporting schedules and financial reports are prepared accurately and timely in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- All outstanding advances and payables (more than 30 days) are tracked and reminded to the relevant staff or other Finance staff in a timely manner.
- Settlement Advices are prepared and submitted on a timely basis
II. PROJECT ACCOUNTING AND SUPPORT (30%)
- Technical accounting support is provided to APs or Projects, which is in transition and/or where there is no Finance staff, including site visits.
- Audits of projects which he/she is not directly providing financial assistance and support to are conducted periodically
- Orientation and training are provided to the AP/project finance staff when required
III. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (10%)
- Update, advise and ensure tax and statutory compliance for the organization
- Inputs to the annual objectives for the Finance Department which are consistent with the Finance Manual are given.
- Appropriate and on-time revisions are made to the Finance Manual, Field Finance Manual of WV Vietnam in accordance with the WV Global Center Finance manual.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Good knowledge of accounting theory, financial statements and government tax requirements
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good English skills (both spoken and written);
- Good computer and Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills
- Experience in community development or with similar INGO.
- Experience in bank reconciliation, journal preparation, general ledger, financial statements, treasury management and government tax requirements
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please send us your CV if you are interested in this position. Our contact details:
People and Culture Department (HR Department)
Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.123)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children
02/02/2021Save the Children