Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
Position Title: Nurse (04 Positions)
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: 01 year, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 5PM, 12 April 2020
Reference Code: VN2020/HN/10 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall direction of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Migration Health Physician and Chief of Migration Heath Physician, the Nurse will assist the health assessment activities in Viet Nam according to organizational and country-specific standards and guidelines.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reception at Hong Ngoc Clinic of IOM-registered applicant;
- Authentication and verification of identity of applicant during chest x-ray examination, urine collection and blood collection for laboratory testing;
- Verify the identity of the applicant during laboratory specimen collection, radiology and physical examination;
- Assist panel physician during medical examination;
- Counsel Applicant on the migration health assessment process and provide pre- HIV test counselling;
- Provision of counselling on health assessment;
- Procurement of consent;
- Provision of pre-test counselling for HIV;
- Implementation of anti-fraud measures and quality assurance procedures;
- Preparation of medical documents and radiological results for quality review by NMHP;
- Initial review of medical documents from panel physicians for quality review by the NMHP;
- Filing and retrieving of medical documents;
- Data entry in the database;
- Quality review of medical furtherance;
- Follow-up of communications.
Required Qualifications and Experience :
Graduate of a Nursing School with a minimum of 5 years of working experience as a nurse. Computer literate, good command of data base applications.
Experience in medical terminology; proficient typing; teamwork oriented, capacity to work independently, sensitive to gender issues; good communication skills, good organizational skills;
Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required. Other relevant languages are an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – (level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How To Apply:
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to email@example.com referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
From 27.03.2020 to 12.04.2020
To Download the complete IOM Personal History form, please click here.
Note: In order to view the IOM Personal History form, must have Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)