Open to Internal and External Candidates
VN 2020/05 (GS-HCMC)
Position Title : Nurse (two positions).
Duty Station : HCMC, Vietnam
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : April 03, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time
in post requirement of six months or more.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician, the Medical Programme Assistant will be responsible for the processing of medical files for migrants undergoing medical examination for various health assessment programmes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Perform preparatory work for health assessments, including taking measurements, collecting case history, checking blood pressure, heart rate, visual acuity, etc;
- Assist in blood sample collection, specimen collection;
- Assist the Migration Health Physicians during medical examination and follow up with the patients/migrants the prescriptions and recommendations given by the doctors;
- Assist the Migration Health Physicians in the documentation and completion of medical records and entry of data into database;
- Schedule and contact clients for DNA specimen collection appointments;
- Perform collection of specimens for DNA testing;
- Assist in maintaining records for statistical reporting;
- Perform data entry of medical documentation in MiMOSA database;
- Perform pre-departure assessment and treatment for traveling refugees/immigrants;
- Maintain confidentiality of information, collaborative relationship with clients, partners and health professionals;
- Participate in field missions, out-of-duty station and medical escorting of migrants travelling under the auspices of IOM when assigned by the Chief Migration Health Physician, wherever required;
- Comply to rules and procedures to anti-fraud measures and standard practices;
- Maintain a good service-oriented and friendly relationship with IOM clients;
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Vietnamese nationals;
- Graduate of a Nursing School;
- High school degree with 04 years’ experience or bachelor’s degree with 02 year experience;
- Experience in medical terminology; proficient typing; team work oriented, capacity to work independently, sensitive to gender issues; good communication skills, good organizational skills; Experience in working with international organizations/companies or institutions in a multi-cultural setting will be an advantage; Computer literate, good command of data base applications.
- Strong written and oral proficiency in English and Vietnamese
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (level 1):
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearance and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at www.iom.int.vn
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
27/04/2020Fauna & Flora International (FFI)
15/04/2020Trung tâm Phát triển và Hội nhập
20/04/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng (CECR)
RFP: Assessment and Opportunity Analysis of Finance and Investment for Renewable Energy and Energy EfficiencyDAI
08/05/2020Room to Read
20/04/2020United Nations Environment Programme
01/05/2020Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
09/05/2020Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS)
12/04/2020Aus4Equality| GREAT Program