Terms of Reference Occupational Therapy Volunteer
Project: Interdisciplinary rehabilitation services supporting children with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive (I-Thrive)
Position: Clinical Supervisor
Work place: Quang Nam Regional General Hospital, Quang Nam Traditional Medicine Hospital, and 9 district health centers (DHCs) in Quang Nam Province, Vietnam.
Length of position: 9 months.
Start date: Tentatively from January 4, 2021.
Working hour per week: 40 hours.
Medical Committee Netherlands - Vietnam (MCNV) is a Netherland-based NGO founded in 1968 based on friendship and solidarity of Vietnamese and Dutch. Since then, all activities of MCNV are forwarding to the support to develop the programs, projects and the emergency aid in health care of the Vietnamese. During last 20 years MCNV has been supporting People with Disabilities focusing on Rehabilitation Service and Inclusion.
To contribute to filling the gaps of rehabilitation services and system at both provincial and district levels, MCNV has been implementing I-Thrive Project in Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam Provinces. Within this project, MCNV support Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy (UMP) to provide a 12-month course on Occupational Therapy (OT). MCNV is looking for a volunteer to provide coaching on OT clinical practice for health staffs (called OT practitioners hereafter) in daily working in their hospitals after completing the 12-month course.
SCOPE OF WORK
- To provide OT clinical coaching to OT practitioners at 16 health facilities including 5 facilities in Thua Thien Hue Province and 11 facilities in Quang Nam Province.
- To support OT practitioners and rehabilitation specialist in setting up OT working condition at Rehab unit in their health facility.
2. The OT volunteer’s specific tasks
The volunteer’s tasks may include, but not limited to:
- Work with MCVN and the trainers of 12-month OT course at Hue UMP to develop coaching methodology and tools, which are relevant to the subjects provided in OT course at Hue UMP (e.g. Acquired Brain Injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries, Traumatic Injuries of the upper limb, Cerebral Palsy, Intellectual Disabilities & Down’s Syndrome, Autism Disorder Syndrome). The tools are expected to cover objectives, coaching contents, clinical supervisor form, etc.
- Prepare coaching materials as needed. The materials may include lectures, assessment forms, references for the students; in both on-site and on-line methods.
- Field work:
- Conduct OT clinical coaching for 17 practitioners at Quang Nam Regional General Hospital (2 staff), Quang Nam Traditional Medicine Hospital (1 staff), 9 DHCs in Quang Nam Province (1 staff at each facility), and 5 DHCs in Thua Thien Hue Province (1 staff at each facility).
- Coaching duration: 4 weeks per facility including 2-week on-site and 2-week online coaching. It is 9 months for 17 health staff at 16 facilities in total. Tentative coaching schedule is attached.
- Provide report to MCNV after finishing coaching at each health facility. Template of the report will be attached to the labour contract.
- Provided MCNV the final report after finishing coaching at all targeted health facilities.
- Work closely with MCVN staff during coaching time.
- Comply with MCNV’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct at all times. MCNV’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct will be attached to the labour contract.
3. Expected deliverables
- An approved coaching plan
- 17 reports on coaching completion at 16 health facilities
- A final report on coaching completion for Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam provinces.
Pre-requisite qualification: Bachelor/Master in Occupational Therapy.
- Good experience in OT clinical.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships in a challenging multicultural environment.
Benefits covered by MCVN:
- Living cost: 18,000,000 VND per month.
- Insurance as required by Vietnam Law.
- In-country travels to the coaching sites.
- Accommodation at the coaching sites.
A CV detailing professional experience, relevant qualifications should be provided to email@example.com by December 8, 2020.
For full ToR, please click HERECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy