Department of Home Affairs - Office Manager
- Full-Time, Non-Ongoing
- VND 43,896,879.33 to VND 49,406,324.33
- Hanoi, Vietnam
About the Department of Home Affairs
The Department of Home Affairs is a central policy agency, providing coordinated strategy and policy leadership for Australia's national and transport security, federal law enforcement, criminal justice, cyber security, border, immigration, multicultural affairs, emergency management and trade related functions.
Immigration Programs Division delivers the permanent migration and temporary visa programs to maximise the long-term economic and social benefits to Australia across the Skilled, Family and Resident Return visa programs, and through Temporary entry to support tourism, education and international relations.
About the position
The Office Manager reports directly to the Principal Migration Officer /First Secretary Home Affairs and is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of financial, asset, programme, personnel, and workplace issues across the Home Affairs office in Hanoi. Under limited direction, the Office Manager is expected to provide high-level executive support to the senior Home Affairs officers, identifying and resolving issues as they emerge, and representing Home Affairs at senior levels within the Embassy.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high-level advice to post management on Human Resources, labour law, personnel, finance, property, and IT.
- Develop and implement work plans in line with post’s business plans for work area and contribute to strategic planning for longer term management initiatives
- Manage human resources of the Home Affairs office, including identifying training needs, providing induction for new staff, participating in recruitment and selection processes, maintaining statistical and financial records on staffing levels.
- Manage and monitor the Home Affairs post budget, including expenses, financial reporting and forecasting, and reconciliation and report on budget tracking as required.
- Manage revenue reconciliation for the office, including quality assurance mechanisms.
- Manage and coordinate administration and logistics for Home Affairs staff, including travel, accommodation, financial and medical entitlements.
- Manage contracts with third party providers in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Assist in preparations for official visits with logistics, planning, and budgeting, liaising with other agencies and external providers.
- Handle confidential and sensitive documents with high levels of confidentiality and privacy, including preparing sensitive correspondence on corporate issues, oversee the development of contracts and other corporate documentation, reports, submissions, proposal papers and notes produced by the corporate team
- Liaise with the Regional Executive Officer (REO) to answer queries as required and to report on staffing, budget updates and analysis, auditing and other ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including Home Affairs headquarters, service delivery partners, other agencies, external organisations and clients to ensure positive customer outcomes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Previous experience in office administration and managing budgets.
- Proficiency in computer software applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and the capacity to learn new systems.
- Highly developed management, organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to coordinate and contribute to corporate, financial, human and physical resource management of the office as well as other general administrative matters.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and policy.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a high-pressure service delivery environment and manage competing priorities.
- Capacity to operate with minimal supervision and to use initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to foster a positive team and office work ethic and attitude and provide leadership.
- Capacity to liaise and negotiate effectively with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to apply ethical work practices and maintain integrity in all aspects of work.
All queries about the position and the application process should be directed to email@example.com.
Note all closing dates and times reflect the Australian Easter Standard/Australian Savings Time (AEST/ADST). This vacancy will close on Sunday, 3 April 2022 at 11:30 pm (Vietnam Standard Time)
How to apply:
Start your application by clicking the "begin" button.
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT