|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Location:||Washington, DC,United States|
|Closing Date:||1/20/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
The Infrastructure Practice Group is in charge of developing sustainable solutions to help close infrastructure gaps in developing and emerging economies. This is done by scaling up investments in critical infrastructure sectors, leveraging innovations that drive impact and promoting integration across sectors and regions at a scale that encourages the participation of the private sector. Our infrastructure interventions make a difference to outcomes in human capital, economic inclusion and climate change, and promotes stability in fragile and conflict affected states. There is a strong emphasis on private sector resource mobilization and catalyzing financing from commercial and other sources of development and climate finance.
The Middle East and North Africa (MNA) Infrastructure Department includes Energy and Extractives, Transport, Digital Development, and Infrastructure Finance, Public Private Partnerships and Guarantees.
The MNA Infrastructure Department seeks an Operations Analyst to provide analytical and operational support to the Front Office on infrastructure-related topics. The Operations Analyst will be based in Washington DC and report to the Regional Director.
As member of the MNA Infrastructure Front Office, the Operations Analyst will:
- Conduct research activities and analytical work on infrastructure topics as directed by the RD;
- Review of ongoing ASAs and prepare comments/ suggestions on behalf of the RD,
- Assist in monitoring the department’s deliverables and portfolio, including lending, effectiveness deadlines, projects under supervision (including monitoring problem projects, proactivity, disbursements, closing dates, etc.), restructurings, Implementation Completion and Results Reports (ICRs), and Analytic and Advisory Services (ASA) and provides regular updates.
- Provide operational support to selected infrastructure projects.
- Draft internal reports, memos and presentations.
- Prepare briefing materials on country program/sector and project issues.
- Assist the Regional Director in putting together and monitoring Work Program Agreements (WPAs), coordinating with RM staff.
- Assist the department with communication and outreach activities.
- Master’s degree in economics, science, finance, engineering or other relevant field with a minimum of two years of experience;
- Demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience and working knowledge of policies and procedures of a range of lending and non- lending activities and trust funds;
- Strong inter-personal skills; experience working effectively in large and multi-disciplinary teams of specialists;
- Excellent communications skills, specifically in writing briefs, reports and preparing power point presentations;
- Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks, independently adjusting to priorities;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Strong technical and analytical skills as well as proven ability to undertake innovative research, summarize research findings and present results;
- Good understanding of strategies, principles for project design and implementation of lending and non-lending activities;
- Data Collection and Management – Demonstrate use of this competency; proven ability to use econometric and statistics software.
- Portfolio Management (OS) – Assist and/or organize portfolio reviews; prepare portfolio monitoring reports, and follow-up on portfolio review recommendations;
- Versatility and adaptability: Able to anticipate change in the business environment and accurately assess the need for new skills and knowledge. Demonstrate continued learning attitude, show initiative in accepting new challenges and meeting critical needs within the unit/department/VPU. Encourage and supports others in their learning efforts;
The WBG Core Competencies
Lead and Innovate – Bring new and different insights.
Deliver Results for Clients – Contribute to delivery of results for clients on complex issues. Take personal responsibility for producing high quality work, identifying and informing of risks, and delivering results for task teams; Understand most pressing challenges and contribute to solutions.
Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Keep others fully informed to ensure integration and work consistency and display a sense of mutuality and respect. Seek and listen to feedback from others to inform own decision-making and openly share information.
Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Actively contribute to and readily apply WBG’s body of knowledge for internal and/or external client solutions. Build personal and professional networks within and beyond the task teams.
Make Smart Decisions – Leverage available data and make timely decisions. Show initiative when necessary and make decisions in a timely manner within own area of responsibility.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Deadline: 20/1/2020Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS