|Reports to: Country Manager||Job Title: Operations Manager|
|Salary Grade: 9||Department: Operation|
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been operating in Vietnam since 1994. In partnership with government, civil society and communities, CRS implements programs in 9 provinces/cities in Vietnam. The Vietnam Program has a diverse funding base in the sectors of Disabilities, Mine Risk Education and Landmine Survivors’ Assistance and Disaster Risk Reduction.
You will manage and/or coordinate the following operational functions -Human Resources (HR), Logistics, Procurement, Administration, Fleet, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Audit - in support of the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, help ensure principled compliance, proactively identify risk issues, and lead operational improvements.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage or coordinate operations functions – systems, processes and staffing – that meet CRS’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and support high-quality programming. Collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources.
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Identify and help address challenges that affect the proper stewardship and optimal utilization of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material). Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Provide guidance of internal processes for approving expenses, monitoring spending, and making budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and with donor requirements.
- Contribute to effective staffing of CP needs and adherence to HR systems, policies and practices that support a high-performance culture, staff development and retention. Help assure quality personnel administration and a work environment that truly reflects the agency’s guiding principles.
- Coordinate compliance with agency and donor requirements and local laws and regulations through periodic systems checks, review and assessment of operations policies and procedures. Coordinate response to issues that emerge from internal and external audits and provide guidance to implement improvements.
- Help maintain the proper conditions for learning - a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Identify capacity strengthening needs and provide guidance for project teams and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Develop/maintain good relations with government officials and personnel whose cooperation is needed to satisfactorily carry out our duties. Ensure that CRS/VN operates within the appropriate legal environment. Handle all legal matters pertaining to CRS/VN.
- Facilitate and ensure timely submission of all Government related reports including PACCOM’s report. Ensures that CRS VN is in compliance with VN Govt laws and regulations, including office permit, MOU renewal process, and Expatriate regulations.
- Engage with the finance team as applicable in proposal development, ensuring collaboration with the program department that ensures optimal proposal cost applications.
- Act as a member of CRS VN Senior Management Team, provide active participation in and support to the Senior Management Team regarding development of overall strategic and management policy within CRS/VN. Assist in the policy development, reviews of operations for efficiency and effectiveness, and participate in overall development of the strategic direction of CRS /VN program.
- Participate in SRFM Assessments and review CAPs for partners. In coordination with Country Manager, provide relevant capacity building for partners as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in finance, human resources, logistics, or administration officer/support level position with progressive responsibilities.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Good relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Management experience a plus. Experience with an NGO preferred.
- Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
Required Languages: Excellent writing and communication skills in English
Travel - Travel within Vietnam when required and occasionally international
Supervisory: Administrative& HR Officer and Senior Procurement Officer
Internal: VN Country Manager, VN staff, Mekong Sub-regional Representative, operation staff of subregion, DRD MQ, region and HQ.
External: PACCOM, relevant government agencies, partners, operation staff of INGOs in VN
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Individuals interested in this job are invited to submit your applications via email to Catholic Relief Services at: email@example.com
Applications in English should include:
- Curriculum Vitae with name and contact information of three references
- Application Letter
- Copies of degrees, certificates
Deadline for submission: 22 November 2021
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International