OneSky for all children, the US NGO, is a rapidly growing organization with programs in China, Hong Kong, Mongolia and Vietnam. OneSky works to transform the lives of vulnerable children by teaching communities to provide nurturing responsive early care and education. Over the next five years, we will be expanding our proven approach to help vulnerable children throughout Asia.
Home Based Care training program provides technical training for Early Child Care Education (ECCE) teachers and caregivers in the Home Based Care centers located in the Industrial zones of Vietnam to improve the ECCE quality, serving the poor children.
The Operations Manager will lead and manage the day-to-day operations of OneSky in Vietnam. S/he will provide operational support to the Operations Director (OD) and Programs Team, and ensure all operational deliverables are in line with the organization’s vision, mission, values, and strategic goals. S/he will be a key contributor in shaping the country-level strategy, key implementing the Home-based childcare (HBC)training programs, and scaling HBC programs across Vietnam. S/he will report to the Operations Director and be based in Hoa Khanh Industrial Zone, Da Nang City, Vietnam.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the day-to-day operations of HBC training programs across Vietnam (currently in three provinces and expanding into a fourth) to achieve the designed objectives and goals.
- Work with the OD and global leadership team to develop and translate the country strategy and goals into operational plans, policies, and budgets
- Cooperate with the Program Team to assess community and operational needs, ensuring that both OneSky staff and program participants (PPC, DOET, DPC, District Education section, HBC trainees) are performing effectively and efficiently in a hybrid remote-onsite environment
- Implement, oversee, and maintain all HR and technology systems of HBC training program, ensuring that IT systems and services are available, up-to-date, and delivered consistently, reliably, and securely across Vietnam
- Proactively identify and manage risks (financial, legal, organisational, etc), escalate issues when appropriate, and effectively manage crises and conflicts
- Work with the OD to develop, cultivate, and strengthen relationships with government, businesses, funders, and other nonprofit organizations, locally and internationally
- Maintain financial management to the program in accordance with the accountability standards of OneSky and government Partners.
- Develop systems to ensure effective communication between departments and positions to foster a collaborative and efficient environment
- Prepare meeting agendas, briefs, and departmental reports, coordinating with relevant internal staff and external stakeholders as needed
- Draft, manage, and oversee contracts with vendors, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies
- Serve as a go-to for staff when the OD is unavailable or inaccessible
- Manage special projects and other works needed as designated by the OD
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree advantageous) in social sciences, operations, or related fields, and at least 8 years of experience, including a minimum of 3 years in management roles, preferred to the management of Education projects or specific NGO training project.
- Effective and progressive leadership and people management skills, including managing through senior leaders, systems and processes
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and partnerships
- Willingness to travel to different project provinces across Vietnam to set up and monitor projects.
- Knowledge of educational needs/opportunities and cultural sensitivity in Vietnam and experience in implementing programs in low-resource environments is advantageous
- Ability to effectively preempt emerging issues to make big decisions in ambiguous circumstances
- Entrepreneurial, results-oriented, systems thinker, tech savvy, and innovative with outstanding attention to details
- Able to attend relevant local and international meetings and conferences
- Able to participate in trainings and professional development opportunities
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese
Interested applicants please submit a CV to email@example.com before Oct 25, 2021. For more information, please contact: 0982 480 123 (Ms. Hien)
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)