Job #: req13406
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International
Recruitment Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 10/26/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
- . IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- IFC's Climate Policy Team help clients tap into development opportunities and working with a host of partners to catalyze finance, especially, for climate action, is at the core of IFC’s business. As a result, in fiscal year 2021, IFC delivered 32% in own-account climate finance and mobilized $3.7 billion for climate. More recently, in April 2021, the WBG developed a new Climate Change Action Plan(2021 – 2025) that outlines the institutions collective response to align financial flows with the goals of the Paris Agreement (referred to as “Paris Alignment”). The Agreement explains the need to hold the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels. Per the Action Plan, (referred to as “Paris Alignment”). The Agreement explains the need to hold the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels. Per the Action Plan, IFC has committed to align 85% of new operations with the goals of Paris Agreement by July 1, 2023 and 100% of these by July 1, 2025.
- CBD has a vacancy for a (Senior) Operations Officer in the Climate Finance & Policy Team (CBDFPT), which supports action leadership on topics such as carbon pricing, climate risk, and impact measurement, as well as upstream climate business-related markets development to mobilize more private capital. The Officer/Sn Officer will also support delivery on a number of projects and initiatives related to climate risk, resilience, and adaptation. The position will be based in Washington, DC and the officer will report to the Manager of the Unit and the unit’s Senior Industry Specialist
Role and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibilities and overall profile required for this position are as given below.
- The hiring unit will be CBDFPT and the selected candidate will report to the unit’s manager. The candidate will support the implementation of IFC’s climate initiatives, including:
- Support to IFC’s investment teams in the implementation of Paris Alignment commitments
- Support to IFC’s project teams in increasing the volume of adaptation projects
- Support in the implementation of IFC’s Climate Risk Screening and Management Program
- Development of background analytical information that supports the implementation of IFC’s programs
- Support in the process of formulation of country sector strategies as these relate to climate change
- Participation in the reviews of climate related methodologies and policies
- The candidate must have experience in the following areas:
- At least a master’s degree in either Business Administration, Economics, Environmental Economics, Finance, or related field.
- Demonstrated technical skills in climate risk and adaptation assessment across industries
- Minimum of 8 years of full-time relevant professional experience in the field of climate change risk, mitigation and adaptation
- Proven understanding of key climate change policy and market issues and their latest developments
- Familiarity with concepts of climate finance, adaptation finance, and resilience related financial products and definitions
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills; advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word; good report writing capabilities and ability to comprehend and analyze large amounts of data/information
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Experience in project management to deliver results on time and within budget
- Excellent written and verbal/presentation communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages a plus
- Flexibility to perform a variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International