Operations Officer, Washington, United States
IFC — member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC is looking for an Operations Officer based in Washington DC, who will be working in close collaboration with other members of division in providing support and advice to operational clients. The position is expected to focus on supporting the advisory/upstream operations in the LAC region (as part of the ECA/LAC super regional team). In addition, the position will be expected to lead and manage deliverables at a corporate level such as on advisory/upstream governance, focal point for support to global/world FIG (Financial Institutional Group) etc.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Operations Officer will report to ECA/LAC Regional Focal point based in Vienna and will work closely with the global manager/team on corporate deliverables. The core duties include:
• Portfolio Management: (i) Apply critical thinking to provide tailored advice on program structuring, design and course correction; governance application and compliance and portfolio and pipeline monitoring including fit with strategy (ii) Support the semi-annual/periodic portfolio reviews including preparing analysis and materials for the same that reflect relevant strategic messaging (iii) Ensure quality assurance on reporting to Development Partners and support transparent and strategic allocation of internal and Development Partner funding (iv) Provide efficient, timely and effective advisory inputs contributing to regional and country strategy development, QBRs, business plans, and other strategic initiatives
• Advisory/Upstream governance: (i) Play lead role in making revisions and updates to the Advisory/Upstream project governance to improve accountability and project management (ii) prepare recommendations for management consideration and articulate potential implications and consequences of various approaches (iii) solicit views with other key stakeholders (Advisory secretariat, IEG, operations etc.) , surface out any conflicting views and ensure proposed governance updates are aligned with prevailing business needs
• Project design and quality improvement: (i) Act as a key contact for IEG on relevant advisory information and work with different stakeholders to support engagements with IEG (ii) Apply expertise to support project design and quality improvement initiatives; (iii) Share expertise and provide on-going support to the portfolio management network in resolving complex project governance-related issues (iv) Collaborate with Results Measurement to provide input into PCR guidelines, split DE rating, AIMM, etc.
• Training: (i) Contribute substantively to the design of training modules and associated materials/tools on new and on-going advisory developments, e.g., project documents, governance, system enhancements (ii) Deliver select training on advisory governance, procedures, systems and best practices (iii) support onboarding of new managers/directors around advisory/upstream governance
• Enhance collaboration with other corporate support functions: (i) Serve as a focal point for other support functions on governance-related issues, such as corporate relations regarding public disclosure etc. (ii) Engage with other corporate functions to ensure their procedures/guidelines are aligned with prevailing advisory/upstream governance.
• Others: (i) Actively participate in Portfolio Management Network sharing lessons and best practices, escalating concerns, etc. (ii) Contribute to corporate initiatives to support dept and VPU as needed such as upstream operating model (iii) Execute additional ad hoc tasks as requested by supervisor.
• Master’s degree in business, economics, finance, consulting or equivalent and a minimum of 8+ years relevant experience
• Prior demonstrated experience in providing advisory/upstream operational support strongly preferred, including engaging with teams to operationalize practical solutions
• Effectively manages multiple roles and responsibilities and acts decisively to improve results
• Ability to think strategically and deal with increased complexity with confidence and discretion
• Ability to work effectively in situations of high demand, pressure and tight deadlines
• Adapts to different circumstances and demonstrates resilience by identifying innovative solutions
• Proven success in developing strong client relationships
• Sound analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to apply these in carrying out complex tasks and identify solutions
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Should display the WBG Core Values: Impact, Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Innovation
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
How to apply
Applicants can click HERE for more informmation and application.
Sector: Advisory Services
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date:4/7/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTCCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam