The 2019 OUCRU Public Engagement Ambassadors
Are you someone who is keen to share your ideas, collaborate with others, and work on making science more relevant and approachable by the public? Become one of our Public Engagement Ambassadors and you can take part in all range of public engagement activities at OUCRU and have opportunity to develop your own initiatives in public engagement.
This year, the OUCRU Public Engagement Ambassadors will focus on 2 main aspects:
1. Build capacity for Public Engagement Ambassadors to be able to lead on and deliver a variety of engagement activities through a series of training workshops on shaping public engagement understanding, enhancing science communication skills to the public, and other engagement skills.
2. Empower Ambassadors to develop and carry out your own initiatives on public engagement in your communities.
Why become OUCRU Public Engagement Ambassadors?
A real opportunity to pay forward – to actually create a value for the society in your own way!
· Weekly meetings with OUCRU Schools Engagement Coordinator
· Engage in several Public Engagement projects and activities at OUCRU
· Bespoke training workshops on public engagement knowledge and skills
· Amazing opportunities for professional development and career prospects
· Official certificate and reference for your commitment in the program
Public Engagement Ambassadors Pathway (6-month term)
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Vietnamese citizen between the ages of 18 and 25 living in HCMC
- Be a full-time undergraduate student or have graduated in the past two years from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning major in Science
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Demonstrate potential and experience in leadership qualities, project management in your university, place of work, and/or community;
- Demonstrate interest or professional experience in science communication.
- Demonstrate a commitment or interest in public service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- Have a serious interest in learning and doing about Public Engagement in Science
- Be willing and committed to actively participate in an intensive OUCRU Public Engagement Ambassadors program
- Have desire to become role model to promote public engagement with science in your communities
Application and Submission Information
To apply for OUCRU Public Engagement Ambassadors, complete the form at https://tinyurl.com/peambassadors1920
You can apply to be an Ambassador any time before 15th December 2019
. You will find out shortly after the deadline if you are selected for next steps.
The application process includes 02 rounds: Application form and Panel interview.