UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development. UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information – Cambodia
UNOPS established its Cambodia Multi-Country Office (KHOH) in early 2013. Since then, KHOH has carried out a diverse set of projects/programs, such as a multi-donor funded project to support the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (also known as the Khmer Rouge Tribunal). Also, KHOH has been providing advisory services in the infrastructure sector to other development partners, such as the Government of the Russian Federation and KOICA, and procurement support and advisory services to different line ministries of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
UNOPS KHOH is also overseeing business activities and/or providing Support and Services to UNOPS operations in other countries, within the Greater Mekong Sub-Region such as Lao PDR and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, as well as the Philippines, mainly focused on the infrastructure sector, but also encompassing good governance, trade facilitation and environmental issues.
In addition, KHOH is providing Support Services to the Malaria Programs and Regional Artemisinin Initiative (RAI) funded by the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM).
UNOPS KHOH is in the process of expanding its area of engagement in cooperation with different development partners, focusing mainly on a portfolio comprised of projects and programs in the infrastructure and environmental sectors, as well as continuing with the provision of transactional services (HR and Procurement services). For that, UNOPS is subsequently looking for qualified and committed experts that can contribute to fulfill our mandate in Greater Mekong Sub-Region and beyond.
Background Information – Job-specific
This advertisement is aimed at creating a pool of qualified candidates (roster). If successful, Individual Contractor will be required to work when and as required, i.e. consultancy basis and the contract will be issued only when the service is needed.The consultant can be engaged for work packages below depending on organisational needs:
- Strategic positioning of UNOPS and business development.
- Explore business development opportunities by identifying the interests / priorities of partners and potential innovative businesses.
- Develop or implement the partnership strategies for the office managed by Cambodia Multi Country Office.
- Contributing to maintain a robust and diverse pipeline of project opportunities, which leads to sustainable growth of the UNOPS’ presence and strengthens the achievements of UNOPS management results and the fulfillment of its mandate.
- Facilitate external relations with donors, relevant ministries and Government partners.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Cambodia Multi Country Director and, in close coordination with the Regional Office and the Partnerships Practice Group, the Partnerships Advisor (Consultant) will be responsible for developing and implementing the partnership and programme development plan for the countries under MCO Cambodia.
Functions / Key Results Expected
1) Partnership and programme development planning
2) Development and follow up of partnership opportunities
3) Representation, inter-agency collaboration and partnership development
4) Knowledge management and innovation1. Partnership and programme development planning
1. Partnership and programme development planning
- Develop a comprehensive partnership and programme development plan in line with UNOPS Strategic Plan and Regional Strategies, including country context, analysis of the regional and national development and humanitarian landscape, identification of main partners, strategic positioning of UNOPS in the potential operational specialties identified, as well as grow a pipeline opportunities for all countries within scope of Cambodia Multi Country Office (MCO). Ensure plan reflects in-house capacity, typology of projects and the internal tools and knowledge resources.
- Examine risks and opportunities presented by the strategic positioning of the MCO and propose appropriate responses to ensure sustainable growth.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant Partnerships personnel at local, liaison and HQ level, as well as Project Managers and project personnel of the country offices covered by the hub to ensure aligned and coherent interactions with partners.
2. Develop opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate humanitarian and development trends and needs to identify areas of collaboration within UNOPS mandate and existing capacity.
- Research events, publications and announcements, to track and screen opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities
- Provide advice and feedback to MCO Director, Regional Office and UNOPS HQ on the development of framework partnership agreements that can increase opportunities at the regional level.
- Chip in to the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programs and draft concept notes and project document briefs for discussion with partners.
- Maintain the system in alignment with UNOPS corporate guidelines.
- Coordinate technical and financial requirements, and negotiate proposals to close new project opportunities.
- Drafts agreements and/or contractual documents required for the signature and implementation of new projects.
- Understand and clearly explain UNOPS pricing policy to partners.
- Chip in to the diversification of the MCO in line with UNOPS strategic and Regional objectives.
- In coordination with the Communications and Reporting personnel, when available, gather content for communications and outreach materials for any countries managed by the hub.
3. Representation and inter-agency partnership
- Establish partnerships with UN agencies, international organizations, governments, foundations, international NGOs and private sector organizations to diversify project opportunities within the Operational Hub.
- Undertake advocacy, public information and communication activities in collaboration with the Communications Officer, when required.
- On behalf of the MCO Director and/or Head of Programme, participate in and report on the relevant inter-agency, donor and government coordination meetings including addressing project development issues in consultation with UNOPS project managers and technical experts when required. Take part in UN common planning and programming processes, including strategic country analysis, UNDAF, response plans, etc.
- Build a network of key partners, keeping abreast of evolving trends (social, economic, and political), including the application of innovation to project and partnership development.
4. Knowledge management and innovation
- Implement standards, tools and templates provided by HQ to effectively manage partnership and project development within the countries under MCO Cambodia to enhance/maintain UNOPS effectiveness as a provider of project services for sustainable results.
- Contribute to the ongoing research, development and implementation of best practice and innovative approaches to maximize performance and sustain achievements in project and partnership development.
- Help build partnerships capacity and negotiation skills among project managers.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building within project and partnership development.
- Provide regular feedback on existing systems, tools and resources to ensure its relevance to day-to-day operations.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Partnerships Advisor (Consultant) impacts on the performance of the MCO by maintaining a robust and diverse pipeline of project opportunities, which leads to sustainable growth and strengthens the achievements of UNOPS management results and the fulfillment of its mandate.
Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Advanced University Degree (master) in project management, business administration, international relations, law, public policy, development studies, political and social science, or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree (bachelor) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, business administration, international relations, law, public policy, development studies, political and social science, or other relevant disciplines, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven year experience in one or the combination of the following areas: international business development, project development, project management, strategic relationships, finance management, management of infrastructure funds, public–private partnership (PPP) and M&E.
- Experience in innovative development programs and financing mechanisms is an asset.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders and donors is desirable.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Experience working with Government Ministries is an asset.
- Ability to work with government donors and a network of development partners.
Fluency in English is required.
Contract type, level and duration
- Contract type: International Individual Contract Agreement (IICA)
- Contract level: IICA 3 /ICS 11
- Contract duration: Daily Retainer/consultant, the estimated number of working days is 100 per year.
- Duty station: Multiple duty stations (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Vietnam and the Philippines) and these countries are family duty stations.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam