UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women takes a lead role in helping to drive commitment and action on gender equality, women’s rights and women’s empowerment as the imperative of our time. Such leadership is especially urgent at a time when Member States of the United Nations and all stakeholders have committed to accelerated implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, in the context of the fact that no country has fully achieved gender equality and the empowerment of women.
In view of the crucial contribution of civil society organizations in the advancement of gender equality, women’s empowerment and women’s rights, the role of civil society and the women’s movement as partners, supporting UN Women’s leadership, is fundamental in the full realization of gender equality, women’s rights and women’s empowerment. UN Women’s unique and critical role in engaging civil society and partnership building with women’s organizations as stakeholders to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment is a key driver in helping UN Women achieve its strategic goals and fulfil its organizational mandate.
2020 marks the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women and adoption of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (BPfA). UN Women is playing a leading role in the Beijing+25 process by convening civil society in the review and appraisal of the implementation of the BPfA, assessing current challenges that affect the implementation, including the impact of COVID-19, and contributing towards the full realization of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development through a gender perspective, including into 2021, in light of the COVID-19 public health crisis.
Under the guidance of the Director of the Civil Society Division, and the supervision of the Deputy, the Partnerships and Coordination Specialist is responsible for strengthening civil society contributions to the realization and implementation of the Beijing Platform for Action, the Sustainable Development Goals Agenda, normative and intergovernmental processes and mechanisms, and their outcomes. The staff member will coordinate civil society engagement in intergovernmental processes such as CSW and other BPfA activities, while also coordinating the division’s operational response to these partnerships, through the management of the annual work-plans, budget overview, and other strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate Civil Society Division’s contribution to Inter-Governmental processes:
- Manage and act as the lead focal point for the work on the Commission on the Status of Women, the UN General Assembly, and other ad hoc initiatives;
- Design, plan and implement IG processes, with inputs from other colleagues, including registration, liaising with UN Secretariat, and communication with civil society;
- Facilitate Member States – CSO consultations;
- Facilitate active participation of civil society in CSW annual sessions and other high level meetings.
Build and maintain partnership with civil society:
- Build and maintain relationships with civil society networks globally;
- Represent UN Women/Civil Society Division in the UN system wide NGO focal point initiatives;
- Represent UN Women in conferences, panel-discussions, presentations etc.;
- Coordinate the Division’s work to strengthen the linkages between the global, regional and national women’s movements and normative processes, including through systems of regular outreach both internally and externally;
- Liaise and consult with UN Women Thematic Advisors, Geographic Sections and field-level Offices, as well as leading practitioners and counterparts from civil society and UN sister agencies to ensure civil society’s voice is articulated in the inter-governmental processes.
Coordinate the development and monitoring of the Division’s Annual Workplan:
- Develop the annual workplan for the Division with inputs from colleagues;
- Monitor the implementation of the Annual workplan and escalate issues as needed;
- Develop and coordinate the Division’s Budget(s) in partnership with the Finance support staff and ensure a regularly updated budget review system;
- Serve as focal point for the Division’s Risk Register.
Provide knowledge management support:
- Manage the development and updating of the Division’s database of civil society partners, ensuring research into new and better ways of data management, outreach, security and typology;
- Coordinate knowledge management and serve as the KM focal point for the division in the UN Women KM network;
- Review evaluations and technical reports to document lessons learned and recommendations for knowledge sharing within the Division.
Provide resource mobilization support:
- Develop and implement resource mobilization initiatives;
- Write project proposals and prepare donor reports as required.
- Provide any other support as required by supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely coordination of quality inputs to CSW and other intergovernmental initiatives as per the workplan and scope;
- Timely development and updating of quality AWP and budget initiatives as per workplan and scope;
- Timely technical support to civil society contributions to the intergovernmental processes;
- Partnerships with civil society networks developed and maintained;
- Knowledge materials developed and disseminated.
- Respect for Diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong partnership development skills;
- Knowledge of the UN context and the role of the UN and its agencies, funds and programmes, including in the area of gender equality and human rights, highly desirable;
- Strong networking, team building, organizational, communication, public speaking and inter-personal skills;
- Excellent writing and editorial skills in English;
- Capacity to work with diverse partners including governments, civil society, women’s groups, UN entities and donors;
- Ability to manage for results, by translating strategy into achievable plans, with established priorities and ability to monitor and introduce adjustments. Self-starter and self-resourcefulness major assets;
- Ability to effectively represent UN Women in external fora, including United Nations inter-agency initiatives;
- Strong understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Ability to contribute to teamwork.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree or equivalent in international affairs, human rights, gender/women’s studies, communications, and/or development; a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant national/international working experience in international development;
- Management experience in a global multicultural setting;
- Experience in project approvals, management and monitoring an asset;
- Experience in inter-agency/multi-actor collaboration highly desirable;
- Experience in the United Nations, a governmental, other multilateral or civil society organization highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of the other UN official working language is highly desirable.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
27/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
24/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi
13/02/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
25/01/2021Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
01/01/1970Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA)
03/02/2021European Representative Office (ERO)
31/01/2021Vietnam Red Cross Society (VNRC)
18/01/2021Humanity and Inclusion