Title: Partnership Coordinator
Reporting to: Project Manager “Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution” Project;
Deputy Director GreenHub
Workplace: Hanoi, with domestic/ international travels
Terms: 3 years (annual performance review)
Supervises: Project officers, Project partners
Relates to: MEL Specialist, Project officers, USAID Donor, Partners.
The Centre for Supporting Green Development (GreenHub) is a Vietnamese, civil society organization under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (Vusta) with oversight by the Ministry of Science & Technology, and with an CSO Registration Number A-1555. GreenHub’s Vision is the green development of Vietnam, and its mission is to connect communities and resources to embrace green lifestyle practices, sustainable production and nature conservation.
The “Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution” funded by the USAID addresses the challenges faced by local communities in overcoming the negative environmental health impacts caused by plastics pollution which is increasing in Vietnam. Vietnam is listed as 1 of the top 5 plastic waste polluters of the world’s oceans, discharging 0.28 – 0.73 million tons annually. While plastics pollution is increasingly receiving policy attention at the national level, local empowerment of actors at the local level is needed to collaborate, take collective action, change behaviors and advocate for policies based on solid environmental, health and community evidence. To develop and sustain solutions, the use of information technology is essential. However, there is no central or local initiative or internet-based platform on plastics pollution and its environmental health impacts in Vietnam for actors to interact and network, nor mobile solutions (mHealth) to deliver environmental health education, reliable plastic waste community information, and support collective action to prioritize action, create and share online solutions. The ‘Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution’ project activities aim to empower local communities to reduce plastics pollution by building collective action from the ground up by creating, strengthening and uniting networks, communities and individuals in Hanoi, Ha Long (Quang Ninh), Da Nang, and Hoi An (Quang Nam). The project duration is August 2020 – July 2023 and implemented by GreenHub, the Institute of Strategy and Policy on Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE), Hanoi University of Public Health, and Global Integrated Management System Company Limited (GIMASYS).
II. Job Description
1. Coordination network under the project “Local solutions for Plastic Pollution”
Partnerships strategy and networking
- Identify and explore new partnerships that will support the implementation of the project planning
- Network and identify new partners for collaborative work on projects and ensure their participation in all stages of the project cycle management
- Network and identify partners in line with the project’s objectives to support joint advocacy efforts, including civil society networks, coalitions etc.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping as required for new projects or advocacy efforts
- Identify networking opportunities and regularly attend conferences and events to expand knowledge on potential partners’ expertise
- Undertake full organizational capacity assessment in line with the project tools and procedures to onboard new implementing partners
- Work with the project team to broaden the scope of possible partnerships, including for joint advocacy, research, etc.
Coordination of the network by the project and Relationship management
- Regularly update GreenHub’s and the project’s partnership mapping
- Assess the current partnership portfolio identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks related to current partners
- In coordination with the technical and MEL teams, regularly meet with partners to get feedback on implemented activities and based on this, design, revise and implement a new strategy tailored to different partners
- Consult with partner management on performance and project activities
- Be the main point of contact for implementing partners
- Support the monitoring of outputs against activity plans and budgets and timeframes of partners to ensure program delivery meets targets
- Coordinate the network activities and partner review meetings are held locally on a monthly basis with representation from partner and relevant project staff to discuss progress, roles, responsibilities, expectations, communication between the organizations, any conflict of policies, any areas of concern and future planning.
- Facilitate network activities implementation by the project activities
- Ensure our partners are provided with opportunities for networking among themselves, by organising joint events to network, exchange experience and learn from each other.
2. Managing cross-functions activities
- Cooperate and consult relevant partners/ departments to solve any problem/ conflict or to proceed any relevant initiatives/ requests.
- Coordinate with project staffs and colleagues for initiatives of the best technical support/practice for GreenHub
- Explore new ideas, opportunities and partnerships for program and organization development
- Think beyond the project framework and creatively about new ways to support GreenHub’s mission in the journey of sustainable development
Technical Skills Needed
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in science, environment, development, social, education or related fields, prefer Master Bachelor’s degree in science, environment, social, education or related fields
- At least 5 years of project coordination, and experience with partnership development.
- Work experience in environment, education, development or relevant works.
- A deep passion for environment sustainability and development
Personal Qualities Needed
- Strong facilitation, communication and partnership skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Good social media skills
- Good networking skills with diverse stakeholders (NGOs, government, etc.)
- Enthusiastic, honest and trustworthy
- Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team
- Ability to work in an adaptive and flexible way
- Good reading/writing skills in English and Vietnamese
- Good computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Interested candidates please access the link below for information and instruction:
Deadline for application: no later than December 15, 2020.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS