PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This role will lead ChildFund’s strategic approach to program partnerships in line with our commitment to localisation. You will be accountable for ensuring ChildFund’s partnership practices are values-driven, and that staff have the resources to build and manage high-quality partnerships that respond to the needs of children and young people. You will provide expert advice, build capacity and influence internal factors to ensure that grant seeking is aligned with localisation commitments. You will be responsible for oversight of a dedicated partner capacity strengthening project supporting ChildFund’s work with partners as well as overseeing risk management linked to ChildFund’s partnership portfolio to ensure quality programming and compliance.
- Support staff to deliver better outcomes in partnership with civil society and governments through strengthening partnership management practices.
- Responsible for the refinement and implementation of ChildFund Australia’s partnership initiatives, including the Partner Engagement Policy and Partnership Toolkit.
- Ensure that ChildFund staff understand and apply a values-driven approach to partnerships.
- Support the identification of strategic partnership opportunities that contribute to the realisation of ChildFund’s vision and mission, and respect the strategic intent of our local partners.
- Lead knowledge management and learning on program partnerships to advance ChildFund Australia’s strategic goal linked to localisation and partnerships.
- Oversee and support efforts to strengthen the organisational capacity of program partners to develop their organization and its people and to meet ChildFund internal standards and donor requirements.
- Work in collaboration with technical leads to ensure that Gender Equity and Disability Social Inclusion (GEDSI) is reflected in our partnership and localisation practices.
- Work in collaboration with the Emergency Advisor to ensure quality partnership practices with local humanitarian partners.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline;
- Solid knowledge of approaches and experience of working in partnerships, including capacity strengthening;
- Excellent training and facilitation skills;
- Experience in organisation capacity-strengthening processes;
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and organisational skills;
- Cross-cultural experience in an NGO/ development context;
- Experience in or familiarity with child-focused programming.
Department: International Program Team
Location: A ChildFund Australia office in either Sydney Australia; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Yangon, Myanmar; Vientiane, Laos; Port Moresby, PNG; Hanoi, Vietnam; Dili, Timor-Leste.
Employment: Full-time, initial two-year employment agreement, with option to extend upon mutual agreement.
Reports to: Global Programs Director – Mekong & Grants
Other Information: Must have the right to work in an abovementioned location and be willing to undertake significant overseas travel.
Closing date: 20th February 2022
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT