The United States Peace Corps is a non-political, non-religious organization that will bring Americans to Viet Nam to serve as Peace Corps Volunteers. Volunteers will co-teach English language classes with Vietnamese teachers in secondary schools. The Peace Corps is serving in Viet Nam at the invitation of the Government of Viet Nam and working closely with Ministry of Education and Training with a goal to improve the English language skills of teachers and students. Peace Corps Volunteers commit to two years of service, will live with host families, and will support and co-lead additional school related activities in accordance with the school leadership. A new cohort of Volunteers will arrive each year. The Peace Corps was founded by U.S. President John F. Kennedy in 1961 to promote world peace and friendship.
General information about the Peace Corps can be found on www.peacecorps.gov.
Position Title: Peace Corps Medical Officer
Opening Date: June 28, 2021
Submission Date for first review: July 12, 2021, Open until filled
Area of Consideration/Who may apply: All applicants must be a naturalized citizen or permanent resident of Viet Nam who are legally able to work within the country.
Point of Contact: Peace Corps Human Resources - PCVietNamJobs@peacecorps.gov
Market Value/Salary (per annum): US$ 32,908– US$ 49,380 + benefits
Period of Performance/ Length of Contract/ Work Schedule: Definite term – five years/ Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). Peace Corps expects this contract to be continuing in nature for the contractor to perform under a series of sequential contracts, subject to the availability of funds.
Place of Performance: Peace Corps Viet Nam, Peace Corps office Ha Noi.
Security Level required: Local Security Certificate
Background information of the position
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor or Nurse Practitioner to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Ha Noi. The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
• Graduate of accredited school
MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research https://search.wdoms.org/
• Current license to practice
• Relevant clinical experience in primary care after medical school
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral /written English.
• Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients
• Experience in training design and presentation of health related material
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
• Program management, administrative experience
• Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
• Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good inter-personal skills
• Willing to travel to sites in Viet Nam
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to obtain an American visa
Duties and Responsibilities / Tasks and Deliverables
• Routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
• Individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
• Response to emergency medical situations
• Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in (name country)
• Ability to conduct trainings on health related issues
• Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout (name country)
• Administrative tasks of the medical office including budget management
• Inventory of medical supplies and equipment
• Alternate 24 hour on- call duty with the other PCMO
Evaluation and Selection Criteria: Applications will be initially screened for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications mentioned above. Those applicants who meet the required qualifications will be scored based on the preferred qualifications. Highest scoring candidates will be called in for an interviews, language and skills test (presentations, excel/word tests). Performance from all interviews and skills test will be considered as a whole package to ensure the best candidate is selected that meets the needs of the Peace Corps mission. Professional reference checks will be conducted for selected candidates and final approval for the position is required from Regional and Headquarters Office of Health Services physicians.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam