Pedagogical Project Officer
NGO Vocational Training Program in Electricity and Automotive
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
The European Institute of Cooperation and Development (IECD) is a French non-governmental organization founded in 1988 and operating in the field of social and economic development in partnership with local institutions.
IECD’s main sectors of action are vocational training and professional integration and support to micro and small enterprises.
More information on www.iecd.org
The Seeds of Hope program aims to allow young people to have access to interesting jobs with opportunities for development in the fields of electricity, energy and automotive maintenance, by reducing the gap between companies’ needs and students’ skills. In partnership with companies and vocational training centers, the program focuses on:
- upgrading the training curricula
- providing equipment for the technical practice
- training the trainers
- developing the « Guidance & employment » activities.
The program has been launched in 2007 in Lebanon and has then been implemented in Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria and Ivory Coast.
In 2017, the project has been launched in Ho Chi Minh City in partnership with two vocational training centers: the Thu Duc College of Technology and the Ho Chi Minh City Technical and Economic College (district 6). A 3rd vocational training school, the District 12 Technical and Economic College, joined the program in 2019.
More information about the project in Vietnam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJoSjoyHfrg
Under the responsibility of the Seeds of Hope project manager and with the support of the Seeds of Hope team, the pedagogical project officer will mainly focus on activities related to the curriculum upgrade and implementation and to the pedagogical support of the teachers.
His / her main missions will include:
- Oversee the upgrade and the implementation of the training curricula at the partner schools
- Support the teachers in the upgrade of the curricula, applying the Competencies based approach (with the support of relevant experts when needed)
- Oversee the writing of the training materials: Teaching Guides, Training Materials, Evaluation materials etc.
- Ensure the upgraded curricula are in-line with the various requirements and regulations (Ministry level, school level etc.)
- Lead the implementation of the upgraded curricula in partnership with teaching teams and experts
- Lead the equipment upgrade, to allow an effective implementation of the curricula
- Provide recommendations regarding the workshops’ organization, in-line with the pedagogical approach
- ToT: Training the Teachers for Technical & Pedagogical subjects, in-line with the upgraded curricula
- Identify Teachers’ needs & build a yearly training plan
- Identify the trainers and organize the training session
- Evaluate, assess, ensure the continuous improvement of the ToT
- Ensure the sustainability and long-term implementation
- Ensure the quality of the implementation of the upgraded curricula and training methodologies
- Plan and support the implementation of the continuous improvement of the curricula
- Organize the methodology transfer to the schools
- Communication & reporting
- Participate to the definition and implementation of success indicators
- Regular follow-up and reporting (internal and external)
- Take part to internal and external communication
- General support to the project team:
In addition to those main missions, the pedagogical project officer will be involved throughout the project and will bring his/her support to the project team.
Based on his/her experience and interests, he/she could also undertake additional project activities.
Skills and qualities expected:
- Pedagogical expertise, ideally working in vocational training schools in Vietnam
- Experience and deep understanding of the vocational training context in Vietnam and its challenges
- Knowledge of Competencies-based approach, implementation experience is an asset
- Experience in the Electricity or Automotive sector would be appreciated
- Creative, target-oriented, able to adapt and to innovate in an environment with limited resources (HR, equipment etc.)
- Autonomy and good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills for communication and representation with various public and private partners
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Good proficiency in spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Writing skills (reports, presentations etc.)
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Education: University Degree in Education or Pedagogy
Experience: At least 3 years full-time working experience
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Salary: according to profile and work experience
Start: as soon as possible
Please send your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: as soon as possible
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/07/2020united nations department of operational support (dos)
National Individual Consultancy: Landscape Analysis for Prevention of Overweight Obesity amongst ChildrenUNICEF
13/07/2020World Bank Group
Climate and Sustainable Program Manager, Graphic (Multimedia) Designer, Designer Assistant Intern, Marcom Assistant InternCHANGE
17/07/2020Plan International Vietnam
18/07/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)
06/07/2020Department of Global Communications
01/08/2020International Potato Center (CIP)
10/07/2020Conciliation Resources (CR)
26/07/2020Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Business Transformation and Accountability Division
05/08/2020Department of Safety and Security